Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ran a scam on a scammer

Message Subject: Ran a scam on a scammer
sworrall
Posted 10/2/2023 10:37 AM (#1023988)
Subject: Ran a scam on a scammer

I HATE scammers, especially stupid ones. At the very bottom of the online criminal element, these jackwagons prey on folks who are not internet scam savvy. I received his fake check sent overnight express, and hopefully shut down his bank account. If someone tries to scam you on a boat sale here, play along giving them nothing, make 'em spend some money and time, and then drop them a note at the end. Kinda fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Worrall

10:32 AM (15 minutes ago)

to jerome
OK, whatever your name really is (Jerome Arthur is a classic red flag), I have sent all the information you provided to me to 2 consumer fraud government organizations (national and international), and have notified both banks you are misrepresenting them in a fraud attempt. I hope I cost you enough time and money to convince you not to harass the buyers on OutdoorsFIRST ever again. I have posted this crap to the board and instructed our sellers to play along and do exactly what I have done here, so if nothing else we cost you a few bucks and time in your sophomoric and infantile attempt at a scam. DO this next please....pull your bottom lip up over your head....and swallow.

Here is the wire instruction for the shipper,

First National Bank
Brenda L Richards
Account Number: 449363920
Routing Number: 043318092
Bank Address: 1103 Harvey point rd Hertford North Carolina, 27944

As soon as the money is wired, kindly email a picture of the wire receipt so I can forward it to the shipper for confirmation.

On Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 1:33 PM jerome arthur wrote:

Oh great pls deduct an extra $200 for your time & gas. The extra money, $7,175 will go to the shipper, he will need it to balance up & clear the Tractor we bought tomorrow before heading to your place for pick up. I will email you the wire instruction shortly to wire the shipper the money and as soon as the shipper gets the money he will call you to let you know what day he will be coming to your location for pick up.

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 11:34 PM Steve Worrall wrote:

I have the check and deposited it today, thanks.

Steve Worrall
OutdoorsFIRST Media/VP Communications Muskies Inc.
3790 Foster Lane
Rhinelander WI 54501

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 1:32 PM jerome arthur wrote:

Hello Steve, the check has been delivered to your address. Let me know when you pick up the check so I can provide you with the shipper's information and instruction on what to do next. Thanks

On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 1:07 PM jerome arthur wrote:

Good morning Steve, it's Jerome, the buyer of your Boat. Here is the UPS tracking number for the check 1ZV7R8420196215759. It is likely to get to you today, pls email me here when you receive it. Thanks

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(20230929_175044.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20230929_175044.jpg (42KB - 879 downloads)
Conservation Guy
Posted 10/2/2023 12:56 PM (#1023994 - in reply to #1023988)
Subject: RE: Ran a scam on a scammer

This is a very common scheme now. Anyone trying to sell fishing gear here or on other sites has probably had a similar experience. Someone will usually reach out pretty quickly after your add goes live. That person will ask a few questions and see what the final $ might be for the item. They are always out of town (usually for business or something) and will send you a cashier's check and usually add some $ for shipping that you are supposed to give the shipper. You cash the check and it will appear to clear with the hopes that you pay the "mover" the extra amount for pick up. In a couple of days you will see that the check has not cleared in the bank and you are out the $ you payed the mover or person to come pick up the item. Pretty crappy. One red flag is that the texts/emails you get are incomplete sentences/broken English.
bloatlord
Posted 10/2/2023 1:47 PM (#1023995 - in reply to #1023994)
Subject: Re: Ran a scam on a scammer

When the son of the deposed King of Nigeria e-mails you directly asking for help, you help. His father ran the freaking country, okay?
BillM
Posted 10/2/2023 2:28 PM (#1023997 - in reply to #1023988)

I wouldn't have wasted the keystrokes. This is like killing mosquitos.
sworrall
Posted 10/2/2023 4:33 PM (#1024001 - in reply to #1023988)

I actually enjoyed screwing with this dork. I also slap mosquitoes when they try to bite me.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 10/2/2023 6:39 PM (#1024004 - in reply to #1023988)

I know this isn't a popular opinion here but I wouldn't buy anything online without meeting eyeball to eyeball with the seller.
That being said I have had good luck getting interest on boats I have advertised on here.
esoxaddict
Posted 10/3/2023 11:15 AM (#1024015 - in reply to #1023988)

I've bought and sold a fair amount of stuff here with no trouble with the exception of one guy who never paid me. Stupid move. It's only a matter of time Until I run into him at a show or on the water or at the local watering hole. Guess I'll have to get my money the hard way. With interest...
chuckski
Posted 10/3/2023 11:59 AM (#1024016 - in reply to #1023988)

I got burnt, I knew better but I wanted a out of production color too bad. Steve banded the guy for live at least. Thank you Steve!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)