Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> St Croix Legend Tournament without Grasp Reel Seat

Message Subject: St Croix Legend Tournament without Grasp Reel Seat
mm3
Posted 10/1/2023 5:55 PM (#1023973)
Subject: St Croix Legend Tournament without Grasp Reel Seat

I'll be looking at the Muskie Show for a Legend Tournament Sling Blade split grip without the Grasp handle. Call me a creature of 60 year habit. Will St Croix, Thorne Bros, TRO, or other have them? Can St Croix custom make it if not?
ToddC
Posted 10/1/2023 6:25 PM (#1023975 - in reply to #1023973)
Subject: RE: St Croix Legend Tournament without Grasp Reel Seat

When St Croix went to the palming trigger I called them and asked if they could make rods like they used to with the regular trigger and their customer service rep said no and that everyone really likes the new palming ones. I had a sling blade with the palming trigger and ended up selling it because I didn’t like the feel.

I’ve tried the new grasp handles too and don’t like them either. I really like the LT rods and have a couple but won’t be buying anymore unless they provide a non grasp option.
Cedar
Posted 10/2/2023 12:07 AM (#1023978 - in reply to #1023973)
Subject: RE: St Croix Legend Tournament without Grasp Reel Seat

Unfortunately, the only way to get a standard trigger reel seat on a new, or newer Legend Tournament (LT) is to take it to a custom rod builder, and have them remove the reel seat along with the rear grip. Then they'll be able to put your reel seat, and a new rear grip on. Yes, it is an additional cost, but you'll be getting exactly what you want if you have to have a LT. Same for other factory rods that don't have a standard trigger.
Handy1
Posted 10/4/2023 8:12 PM (#1024053 - in reply to #1023973)
Subject: Re: St Croix Legend Tournament without Grasp Reel Seat

I'm with you on the Grasp handle, not my favorite, wish St. Croix gave us a option. I'm wanting to buy "Big Dawg" without the grasp. I had the "Big Dawg" with the Grasp handle and could not get use to it. Sold it one the guys at the lodge when I was up at Lake Vermilion.
Handy1
Posted 10/4/2023 8:17 PM (#1024054 - in reply to #1023973)

Maybe I'm to old also .
danlaboucane
Posted 10/5/2023 7:01 AM (#1024055 - in reply to #1024054)

I like you guys cannot stand th new palming or other new handles , i got a palming and cutoff the bottom and grafted half of an old style trigger . Not too bad a job if you are handy and take your time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)