Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Everybody But Me

Message Subject: Everybody But Me
North of 8
Posted 9/23/2023 8:40 AM (#1023789)
Subject: Everybody But Me

A team fishing the Hodag Challenge just caught a musky about 100 feet out from the end of my dock. Seemed pretty pumped, but I could not get a good look at the fish, they released on the other side of the boat. That is the second fish I have seen caught in that spot in the last week, third time I have seen one caught in a tournament over the years. Two of my nephews and one of their buddies have caught musky right there, including one time while I was talking to the nephew in the bow while I was on the dock, the one in the stern caught a fish.
While it is obviously a spot that holds fish and one I hit when fishing I have yet to boat one from that spot. Follows, but no hits. My wife and I joke that they know my boat or something. Anyway, happy for the team, hope everyone fishing has a good and safe tournament.
chuckski
Posted 9/23/2023 1:02 PM (#1023794 - in reply to #1023789)
Subject: Re: Everybody But Me

Growing up the best Muskie spot on the lake was in front of my Granparents home we caught many Muskies in the weedbed next to my swimming hole.
Solitario Lupo
Posted 9/23/2023 1:15 PM (#1023795 - in reply to #1023789)

You know where they are. Your day will come.
esoxaddict
Posted 9/23/2023 1:34 PM (#1023796 - in reply to #1023795)

I have plans... Whenever the money gods shine on me and I am able to build on my lot, I have plans:

There are 2 cedars hanging over the water at a 45 degree angle where I want to put my pier. Not sure what's holding them up actually. Those will come down in a storm. The terrain is pretty rocky, so I know there will be boulders left over when we build. The ones I do not use for landscaping will roll down the hill and onto the ice in a landslide, right between the two cedars. It drops off quickly to 35'-0", and the shoreline is pretty devoid of any sort of cover so two trees and a pile of boulders will make for some nice cover. That should set me up for a retirement of watching boat after boat after boat catch musky after musky around my pier, my downed trees (cedar lasts forever in the water) and my rock pile. And I can pretty much guarantee that every time I go fishing, the last spot I will fish before I pull up to my pier will be empty.
North of 8
Posted 9/24/2023 7:38 AM (#1023805 - in reply to #1023795)

Solitario Lupo - 9/23/2023 1:15 PM

You know where they are. Your day will come.

LOL, maybe, but the first time I saw a fish caught off the end of my dock was 20 years ago, also in the Hodag Challenge. Had just bought the seasonal cabin the day before and was demoing the crappy interior and hauling scrap outside. 2003-2023 and still not successful. But, gives me a goal.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 9/24/2023 8:06 AM (#1023807 - in reply to #1023789)

Everyone knows you have to go to the other end of the lake to catch a fish..
chuckski
Posted 9/24/2023 9:46 AM (#1023815 - in reply to #1023789)

The most important thing is "can you catch perch off your dock" and is there a place for your Pop or Beer. (Bluegills and Crappie are a plus)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)