Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake reports

Message Subject: Eagle Lake reports
oconesox
Posted 7/21/2023 9:19 AM (#1022432)
Subject: Eagle Lake reports

Headed to Eagle lake tomorrow for a week. Wondering if anyone has been there lately and has a report. Thanks

Andy
sworrall
Posted 7/21/2023 9:32 AM (#1022435 - in reply to #1022432)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake reports

Danny Herbeck has been doing really well. Check the Andy Myers Ldoge FB page.
Still Casting
Posted 7/21/2023 10:56 AM (#1022438 - in reply to #1022432)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake reports

Just got back a few days ago, seen a lot of fish, very skittish, follow to boat
then dart off, we did have a few of those crushers, caught 9 in 5 days, 2 guys.
Lots of Pikes, way more than usual, and a lot bigger than the normal hammer
heads you usually see. Fished out of Century Lodge, most days left lodge in the morning and did not see another boat all day, no pressure anywhere.

Good Luck, Stay Safe.

Slobasaurus
Posted 7/25/2023 5:54 PM (#1022541 - in reply to #1022432)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake reports

Was up there 7/8-7/15 with my Dad. We had a real nice time. First spot, first 20 min of trip he popped a 40” on a topwater so that was one great way to start. He ended up getting a couple more high 30s on the week. One blades, one minnow bait. I got 3 - 47.5, 47, 36.5. Got mine on big blades. We lost 5-6 fish with a couple being mid 40s. Dad had a giant explode on his topwater but never found hooks. Walleye fishing was excellent. Everyone in our group did well on walleyes. Smallies were really good too, especially first half of the week. All smallies 17”-20.25” and toads. For the muskies pattern wise, Seemed like we had equal action on rocks as we did weeds. In contrast to other reports, we found a fish or two each day that wanted to eat in the figure eight. I wouldn’t say they were sluggish or skittish for us, but have definitely seen that in years past. This year I noticed weed growth was down quite a bit. Water level also about a foot to 1.5’ below normal pool, which is probably 3’+ down from last year. Also noticed fewer boats than typical. Water temps were high 60s to 71 or so
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)