Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Boat malechanic northwoods

Reply New post
Message Subject: Boat malechanic northwoods
Rainman JD
Posted 6/26/2023 9:21 AM (#1021910)
Subject: Boat malechanic northwoods

Good morning. I got up to Three Lakes, WI last night for the annual trip with the wife and kids. We launched the boat and started motoring around and when I accelerate it is bogging down. So I don't know of it is the fuel filter, fuel line, or what? I've tried calling a few places up here and everyone is a couple weeks out. I figured I'd try the board to see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.
Murph
Posted 6/26/2023 1:54 PM (#1021918 - in reply to #1021910)
Subject: RE: Boat malechanic northwoods

Run some Mercury quick clean in fuel. .
North of 8
Posted 6/26/2023 2:58 PM (#1021919 - in reply to #1021918)
Subject: Re: Boat malechanic northwoods

Something you can check quickly, if you have access, is the condition of the fuel line from tank to motor. I had a line on a previous boat that had cracks in it and when I accelerated the line would collapse on itself, blocking fuel. At low throttle, not a problem because the vacuum on the line was low.
Rainman JD
Posted 6/26/2023 3:00 PM (#1021920 - in reply to #1021919)
Subject: Re: Boat malechanic northwoods

Thanks for the replies guys. I was able to find a place in Land'O to look at it. I'm waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what he says.
Rainman JD
Posted 6/26/2023 7:35 PM (#1021934 - in reply to #1021920)
Subject: Re: Boat mechanic northwoods

It was the fuel line. My wife's uncle Bill lives up in Land'O and referred us to Northern Edge Marine and Welding. Shout out to Leonard for squeezing me in and fixing the problem. He saved my trip.
North of 8
Posted 6/26/2023 9:10 PM (#1021939 - in reply to #1021934)
Subject: Re: Boat mechanic northwoods

Rainman JD - 6/26/2023 7:35 PM

It was the fuel line. My wife's uncle Bill lives up in Land'O and referred us to Northern Edge Marine and Welding. Shout out to Leonard for squeezing me in and fixing the problem. He saved my trip.

He is a great guy. He is factory certified in both Mercury and Suzuki, runs his business as service first. One of the times I had my boat in for some service, got a look at the service shop area. Everything in its place, and a place for everything. He looked a little confused when I complimented him on how neat everything was, like he could not imagine a shop where tools were not immediately put back where they belong after use.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)