Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Mantrap and Others

Message Subject: Mantrap and Others
jvlast15
Posted 5/17/2023 2:28 PM (#1020826)
Subject: Mantrap and Others

Looking at taking a trip in late July and early August to Mantrap and other lakes in the area (Elk, Baby, etc). Any things to key on or suggestions would be appreciated!
RJ_692
Posted 5/18/2023 12:54 PM (#1020852 - in reply to #1020826)
Subject: Re: Mantrap and Others

Just fish'em. All see pretty good pressure but fish do well with it. Mantrap especially is clear so early / late / dark. Its small but a lot of shoreline and fish can be in lots of places. Don't skip open water even later in the year like that. I'd say historically smaller baits have been better most of the time for us. There are pike and bass in most so a few xtra bites a day keeps it going. Big fish can be surprisingly shallow under cover.

water temps can get up that time of year in the small lakes but there is bigger water around if that ends up being the case.

Its a beautiful area and lots of multi-species ops as well.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 5/19/2023 5:47 AM (#1020871 - in reply to #1020826)
Subject: Re: Mantrap and Others

I recommend Zorba's in Dorset for any emotional eating and drinking you might need after a day of muskie fishing lol.

Seriously though, I'd hit a different lake every day if they aren't popping. There's quite a few options west of there, and Leech and Cass to the east. Bemidji and Plant too, so many great options from there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)