Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I'm very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins. I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in." - Mr. Bad Example by Warren Zevon
- (Added by: Worm Drowner)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Dive & rise

Message Subject: Dive & rise
Pikebait
Posted 3/5/2023 12:14 PM (#1018643)
Subject: Dive & rise

This is a style of dive & rise I started making last year. The smaller version I fished for pike with great results all season. After seeing how well the smaller version worked I decided to make a larger version with the same principles but varying it a little to dive slightly deeper

They have a very good action and can be worked different ways effectively. On a long steady pull they dive in an S pattern. Short twitch they dive slightly to either side. On the rise they shimmy for the first foot or so. On a straight retrieve they have a flicker like a lipless crank. I prefer to work them erratically with a mix of twitches, pulls, and pauses. But my wife even got good results trolling them

I know guys like an external weigh option on a dive & rise but with these you loose a portion of the action listed above if the weighting is off

The large version is an 8inch body the small version is a 6 1/2inch body. Tails are held on by a thread pin without glue. I have ones still on the original tail with close to 100 pike caught on them

Pikebait
Posted 3/5/2023 12:18 PM (#1018644 - in reply to #1018643)
Subject: RE: Dive & rise

Try this pic again

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 006949AD-5AA0-4DBC-AF9C-91635B01A443.jpeg (85KB - 254 downloads)
RJ_692
Posted 3/6/2023 10:34 AM (#1018672 - in reply to #1018643)
Subject: Re: Dive & rise

right on. always fun to make something and then catch something on that something.
Pikebait
Posted 3/6/2023 11:18 AM (#1018673 - in reply to #1018672)

90% of my fishing is with lures I make these days. It makes fishing more rewarding in my opinion. Always striving to improve and create new designs helps keep a guy’s sanity in the off season too

Do to my location I have only been able to personally test my baits on big pike but if all goes as planned I will be tossing them for musky in Ontario come July
chuckski
Posted 3/12/2023 11:26 AM (#1018888 - in reply to #1018643)

If you have the skill and time you can build great stuff. And yes very satisfying.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)