Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Skeeter comfort

Reply New post
Message Subject: Skeeter comfort
Anonymous
Posted 2/23/2023 12:25 PM (#1018309)
Subject: Skeeter comfort

Just looking for any input on people fishing out of a skeeter wx2060. Looking for any info on what people like/dislike about them. I primarily fish out of the back left corner of the boat while fishing just wondering what kinda room you have with it not being a u shaped layout in the back and what the storage is like. Another is the ride and how the control of the boat is in big water. I’m sure there is some old post about this boat but wanted to know I about anyone’s input or thoughts in rest years. Thank you
Resolute
Posted 2/23/2023 4:30 PM (#1018317 - in reply to #1018309)
Subject: RE: Skeeter comfort

Do you watch Keyes Outdoors at all? Pretty sure Mike has that boat and you can check out how he lays it out for musky casting, trolling, etc. Believe he uses a couple Just Encase boxes to extend the rear casting area as well. Good luck!
North of 8
Posted 2/23/2023 5:01 PM (#1018321 - in reply to #1018317)
Subject: Re: Skeeter comfort

And Mike Keyes does fish off the back left corner when by himself, or at least he was in the Wis. River episode I have recorded.
RyanJoz
Posted 2/23/2023 10:14 PM (#1018327 - in reply to #1018321)

That rear area is awfully small to stand on in rough water. I much prefer the U shaped decks of ranger or vexus boats with the rear deck extension.
hahdawg
Posted 2/24/2023 2:01 PM (#1018350 - in reply to #1018309)

I have a 2200. When you add two of the big lakewood tackle boxes and a cooler in the back, the back casting deck is big.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 2/24/2023 2:36 PM (#1018353 - in reply to #1018309)

I fished out of a WX2060 for 4 years and loved it. The horseshoe rear casting decks on other makes was a non-starter for me. I found the rear casting deck big enough for calmer water, and in rougher water that back corner of the floor is pure gold. I fish big water and personally like the option of being able to fish comfortably from the floor, with knees against the side for balance and huge figure eights.

As stated, you can always add a Just Encase to extend the rear casting deck if you want.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)