Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ceramic Coating for Fiberglass?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ceramic Coating for Fiberglass?
dbach17
Posted 2/15/2023 2:51 PM (#1018060)
Subject: Ceramic Coating for Fiberglass?

Has anyone done a ceramic coating on their fiberglass boat? If so, would you say it was a worthwhile expense?
Top H2O
Posted 2/16/2023 9:53 AM (#1018100 - in reply to #1018060)
Subject: RE: Ceramic Coating for Fiberglass?

I''ve used the Turtle wax Ceramic coating on my Trike and other Bikes that has plastic side covers and the whole rear end... It looks pretty good and very shiny and slick.
The Turtle wax product was rated in the top 3 out of 10 products and was fairly inexpensive. Easy to use.
I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Boat.
sworrall
Posted 2/16/2023 1:31 PM (#1018119 - in reply to #1018100)
Subject: RE: Ceramic Coating for Fiberglass?

I have used it on fiberglass, and it works great. Months of protection that can be re-done with a spray bottle in a few minutes.
colinj8899
Posted 2/17/2023 6:40 AM (#1018152 - in reply to #1018060)
Subject: Re: Ceramic Coating for Fiberglass?

A true ceramic coating will last a few years or more. Will offer the best protection and make cleaning your boat a lot easier. I have never applied the product to a boat but have to a lot of vehicles. Its a good product that can be very expensive. Just know if you buy a store bought product that says ceramic (like Turtle Wax) on it and it says spray on and wipe off it is not a ceramic coating. Ceramic coating cant be bought for 14 dollars in a spray bottle. The big thing for vehicles and I would assume boats is maintaining that ceramic coating to make it last for years. That includes washing it with proper products and not stripping your boat of that product by using products that would alter the life of the coating. Again, I don't do it for boats but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. You can go to any wal mart or places like that in any state and will see countless products with the word ceramic. I am assuming these are not the products you are referring too.
CincySkeez
Posted 2/21/2023 12:53 PM (#1018253 - in reply to #1018152)

Not sure which product you are referring to, but we have had great succes with the 3m line of wax and gelcoat restoration products...........That said if I could afford a shiny fiberglass boat I would just AwlGrip or Durepox it and be done with it.
sworrall
Posted 2/22/2023 10:56 AM (#1018278 - in reply to #1018060)

I'm using HydroSilex, and am very happy with it. Touch it up with recharge every couple of months and use their wash. my little Lund looks really good and doesn't attract dirt as it did.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)