Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Cashion Rod which to get

Message Subject: Cashion Rod which to get
Muskie101
Posted 2/7/2023 7:06 AM (#1017706)
Subject: Cashion Rod which to get

I am switching to cashion rods and wondering which rod i should switch to to replace my
Gx2 medium heavy action 7ft with 30lb power pro for lures like spooks, frogs, lighter spinners rattle baits ect, -core inshore medium heavy the icon inshore medium heavy idk need a reccomendation on this one

chasintails
Posted 2/8/2023 12:06 PM (#1017759 - in reply to #1017706)
Subject: Re: Cashion Rod which to get

Buy a St. Croix
Cedar
Posted 2/8/2023 5:24 PM (#1017770 - in reply to #1017706)
Subject: RE: Cashion Rod which to get

They're pretty similar rods, so your best bet, if possible, would be to compare side by side, and pick the one that feels better. The biggest difference between the 2 models are the components used (i.e. guides, grips, & reel seat), as I believe both use CR6r rod blanks. Personally, I like the Core spinning rods better, mostly because I don't care for the VSS reel seats used on the ICON's. I do like the ICON casting rods though. Cashion makes a good product, so either will work fine for what you've described. They are an up and coming company, that offers a solid, good quality product, and hopefully we will be seeing more from them down the line. ALL of their blanks are made in house at their facility in NC, and their finished rods are assembled there also. I've been building some rods on the CR6r blanks, and they are outstanding.
7.62xJay
Posted 2/8/2023 10:42 PM (#1017776 - in reply to #1017706)
Subject: Re: Cashion Rod which to get

Their Customer Service is out standing as well
Muskie101
Posted 2/9/2023 9:38 AM (#1017788 - in reply to #1017770)
Subject: RE: Cashion Rod which to get

Cedar - 2/8/2023 6:24 PM

chasintails - 2/8/2023 1:06 PM

Buy a St. Croix

Picked cashion because they are 100% american made and affordable

They're pretty similar rods, so your best bet, if possible, would be to compare side by side, and pick the one that feels better. The biggest difference between the 2 models are the components used (i.e. guides, grips, & reel seat), as I believe both use CR6r rod blanks. Personally, I like the Core spinning rods better, mostly because I don't care for the VSS reel seats used on the ICON's. I do like the ICON casting rods though. Cashion makes a good product, so either will work fine for what you've described. They are an up and coming company, that offers a solid, good quality product, and hopefully we will be seeing more from them down the line. ALL of their blanks are made in house at their facility in NC, and their finished rods are assembled there also. I've been building some rods on the CR6r blanks, and they are outstanding.

In terms of rod tip stiffness would it be similar to a gx2 medium heavy rod
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)