Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rubber Storage?

Message Subject: Rubber Storage?
Marley420
Posted 2/7/2023 5:07 AM (#1017702)
Subject: Rubber Storage?

I want get my rubber lures out of my hard tackle box. I have tote bag laying around I want to put to work. I was thinking about using plastic bags of some sort for rubber baits. Does anyone else use bags? If so, where is the best place to get them? I am open for suggestions if there are better ways to store them. Thanks
Solitario Lupo
Posted 2/7/2023 11:37 AM (#1017724 - in reply to #1017702)
Subject: Re: Rubber Storage?

I would watch using plastic bags as it could cause rust on the hooks or any metal. Maybe take the hooks off first. Also stick a lubricant in there and make it airtight.

I usually save the plastic boxes they come in and just use it for their containers.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 2/7/2023 1:14 PM (#1017733 - in reply to #1017702)

My smaller rubber (Regular Medusa, Magnum Bulldawgs) all go into Plano 3700 boxes, typically carried in Lakewood Mesh Money Bags available at TRO. Husky Medusas, Pounder Bulldawgs etc are hung vertically in a custom lexan Just Encase box. For a cheaper option, 4" plastic downspout can be made into a hanging storage box, or the Lakewood Extreme is another option for big rubber.
Marley420
Posted 2/7/2023 1:58 PM (#1017735 - in reply to #1017702)

I think I need to clarify my objective. I not trying to store them for the season. I was going to bring the tote with my other box. I original started looking at plastic cylinders with caps. Then I looked at some medusas I get recently through TRO and they just came in a heavier duty bag. I kind of like the concept. I can pack more of them in a space.
7.62xJay
Posted 2/7/2023 9:28 PM (#1017748 - in reply to #1017702)

Well, just a thought, maybe look at camping/hiking/kayak equipment, heavier duty and waterproof. I honestly don't know. Just a thought. But whatever you do, I'd test it on one of each brands plastic tail tips incase it is reactive.
Handy1
Posted 2/8/2023 8:41 PM (#1017774 - in reply to #1017702)

Maximizer™ Large Lure Storage Box - ZERUST® by Flambeau.
miket55
Posted 2/8/2023 10:04 PM (#1017775 - in reply to #1017748)

7.62xJay - 2/7/2023 10:28 PM

Just a thought. But whatever you do, I'd test it on one of each brands plastic tail tips incase it is reactive.

Asked the same question several years ago, and got this reply from from James, formerly of Tackle Industries..

"The Formula-X from the old Shack Attack lures is the stuff you need to watch out for. It eats other baits for dinner Great stuff but WOW will it eat other baits."

Also the type of plastic bag TI uses does not play well with Suick Suzy Suckers... had to toss a Suzy that that had prolonged close contact with the plastic bag a TI lure was packaged in..

Otherwise all the other stuff out there seems to get along with each other..

Personally, I use the Plano 3700 boxes..

Marley420
Posted 2/9/2023 5:25 AM (#1017778 - in reply to #1017702)

Thanks everyone. Maybe I am over thinking this. I was just trying to make the baits more compacted.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 2/9/2023 10:39 AM (#1017793 - in reply to #1017702)

I personally don't like taking rubber in and out of plastic bags as they typically get hung up so easily. Could work for you though.

If you want to really compact baits in a small space, you could keep a split ring pliers with them and take the hooks off? Some saltwater guys do this with their high-end stickbaits and poppers. It really takes no time at all once it's routine. Just a thought.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)