Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rods with Revolution Reel Seat

Message Subject: Rods with Revolution Reel Seat
tenthousandand1
Posted 1/28/2023 12:58 PM (#1017463)
Subject: Rods with Revolution Reel Seat

For 2 years I've fished with the Revolution reel seat for bucktails and I won't go back. I do want to buy another XH rod with one of these seats but $400 or above for rods just makes me pucker more than I'd like.
I own Elk Rivers and am very happy with them, but the new "heavy" blanks are more akin to MH compared to the one I bought in 2020. Great vendor, great owners.
I know Vexan and Tackle Industries sell rods with this seat but does anyone know other vendors that sell a good 8'10"-9' XH with this real seat?
Has anyone had any luck changing a real seat on an existing rod?

Thanks,
joh10891
Posted 1/28/2023 1:55 PM (#1017465 - in reply to #1017463)
Subject: RE: Rods with Revolution Reel Seat

Not sure about swapping seats on existing rods (couldn't hurt to give thorne bros a call), but I do know another brand that makes XH 9ft rods with the revo seat is Chaos
Rotorhead
Posted 1/28/2023 6:46 PM (#1017470 - in reply to #1017463)

The only time you should really change a reel seat is if it's broken. You end up cutting it off with a Dremel cut-off wheel. But then, to put a new one on, you have to cut off all the cork from the handle and go that way or cut off all the guides and go that way. At least the guides can be re-used, but the cork is trashed and cork is a lot more expensive than it used to be. See were I'm going? By the time you've paid for all that, you have 50% or more of the rod cost in labor and replacement parts. You need a rod that already has the Revolution reel seat. Go with a production rod from one of the companies who make one in the power and action you need, or with a custom builder who can make with a Revolution seat on a blank with the power and action you need.
Pal
Posted 1/29/2023 6:41 AM (#1017475 - in reply to #1017470)

Thorne Bros will swap out a current seat for the revolution. I have had them do it a few times and to me, it's well worth the money versus a completely new setup. In fact, just had them do it for a used Predator I picked up.

Pal
RyanJoz
Posted 1/31/2023 3:15 PM (#1017555 - in reply to #1017463)
Subject: Re: Rods with Revolution Reel Seat

I wished Thorne Bros would make their own version of the “grasp” that is solid vs foam. Lonnie said no go on a 10’ predator with a “grasp” reel seat.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)