Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Does Muskies Inc. Provide Recruitment Assistance/Materials

Message Subject: Does Muskies Inc. Provide Recruitment Assistance/Materials
bloatlord
Posted 1/2/2023 9:53 AM (#1016820)
Subject: Does Muskies Inc. Provide Recruitment Assistance/Materials

Background:

I am a Sioux Falls resident and am relatively new to musky fishing. I'm not good and want to learn from people and with those who are like me. My nearest chapter is 1.5 hours away. This makes getting to meetings tough. Sioux Falls has 3 stocked lakes within an hour, and an additional 3 within two hours. These lakes are capable of supporting a solid fishery and the South Dakota GF&P keeps stocking, but I feel like the collective feedback of musky sport fisherman could really help advance a healthy fishery everyone can enjoy. To that end: does Muskies Inc help with the recruitment process at all, or is that completely on me?
happy hooker
Posted 1/2/2023 10:23 AM (#1016821 - in reply to #1016820)
Subject: RE: Does Muskies Inc. Provide Recruitment Assistance/Materials

Whatever sports shows or fishing shows you have in the area this winter/spring the best way to attract membership is to have a booth at show,muskies Inc will send you pamplets,and other info to hand out and membership forms. Someone local from that area is the best option for starting a new chapter because they will know all the local fishing outlets and events, Also if you have a local outdoors publication or a an outdoors radio program you might want to put info in them about starting a new chapter, because your non profit there places might give you free space.
mikie
Posted 1/2/2023 10:43 AM (#1016822 - in reply to #1016820)
Subject: Re: Does Muskies Inc. Provide Recruitment Assistance/Materials

I tried to encourage the organization's leadership to develop a Leadership Training and Development program, to train and help new leaders organize chapters. I've yet to see...m
chuckski
Posted 1/2/2023 10:46 AM (#1016823 - in reply to #1016820)

Even going to the closest Muskie Lakes to home with your gear other muskie fishermen will find you. (even going to tackle shops too). You are close enough to Muskie Country to find fishermen. When I lived in California we would get on a airplane at LAX fly to Chicago or the Twin Cities then get on a puddle jumper for the flight to Rhinelander sometimes there would be another family or two getting on the Rhinelander flight that were on our L.A. to Chicago flight. It can be a small world.
jchiggins
Posted 1/2/2023 1:20 PM (#1016826 - in reply to #1016820)

Join the Twin Cities chapter. You can zoom the meetings. Luke Ronnestrand speaking January 10th.
ToddM
Posted 1/2/2023 8:33 PM (#1016829 - in reply to #1016820)

Muskies Inc is what the individual makes of it. We have this discussion all the time at our board meetings and discuss trying to be good ambassadors. It's hard to get people to join. What's irritating is I see people sending in pics of musky catches and they are within a half hour of our club location and I've never heard of them. There's a lure manufacturer who lives 10min away, never been to a meeting or shown a desire to support. Most don't care and don't see the need.

Best thing you can do is inquire to the board with what you need. It will be brought up. You can also use the lunge log.
chuckski
Posted 1/3/2023 11:27 AM (#1016840 - in reply to #1016820)

Muskies INC is a great organization and I've had some really good experiences with them. I was a board member of our local chapter a later a board member at the international (I caught my largest fish at a fall board meeting when you get a free guided trip from the chapter running the fall meeting.) We were in Iowa and everyone fished the Iowa Great Lakes and we snuck up into Minnesota and I scored. As a bonus there was a article of my catch in the Dec 99 Muskie Magazine.
Some of the best times of my life.
sworrall
Posted 1/4/2023 10:26 AM (#1016875 - in reply to #1016822)

mikie - 1/2/2023 10:43 AM

I tried to encourage the organization's leadership to develop a Leadership Training and Development program, to train and help new leaders organize chapters. I've yet to see...m

I am the Communications/Marketing VP for MI. Literally, any member is welcome to join the Executive Committee as a guest at the monthly online meetings and offer ideas and suggestions. If you want an agenda pushed and do not care to attend personally, your RR is the person to contact. Or, contact me!

MI is a 501 (C) (3), so there are specific rules to the process we must adhere to in order to convert a great idea into an actionable plan. If you want to start a new Chapter, I will get you in contact with the committee that will assist you in the process.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)