Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Happy New Year

Message Subject: Happy New Year
chuckski
Posted 1/1/2023 9:37 AM (#1016804)
Subject: Happy New Year

May this New Year be a great year for everybody. So what are you going to do to make it great?
VMS
Posted 1/1/2023 10:09 AM (#1016805 - in reply to #1016804)
Subject: Re: Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!

My hope it to actually fish a bit more when season starts. My motivation has not been high the past couple of years to fish close to home as the waters were so packed.

A new Canadian lake is in order in September for the trip with my wife. Tired of algae, so a clearer body of water is on the plan.

I also want to be back on here (or the new site when that is finally where we all go) more as I have gotten away from it as well... might help with my motivation some as well. Boats, motors and props is where I'll most likely be active in...

Steve
Solitario Lupo
Posted 1/1/2023 10:37 AM (#1016806 - in reply to #1016804)

Happy new year. I’m hoping to get out a little more. Maybe try some new places.
sworrall
Posted 1/1/2023 1:01 PM (#1016809 - in reply to #1016804)

Wishing you all fair winds and following seas in '23! Lots happening in my world for '23, new Lund Renegade rigged to the max will make my muskie trips more enjoyable, all kinds of stuff happening with OFM. I won't be bored.

Welcoming Chaos Tackle as our main sponsor for Muskie gear this year!
bloatlord
Posted 1/1/2023 4:15 PM (#1016811 - in reply to #1016804)

Tight lines this year, ladies and gents. Thanks for all your help.
OH Musky
Posted 1/1/2023 5:30 PM (#1016812 - in reply to #1016804)

Happy New Year!. Hope to work less hours and fish/recreate more hours. More importantly, I hope to get my finances lined up and bills paid so I can work no hours in 2024, or at least just enough to pay the boat bill. We'll see.....
CincySkeez
Posted 1/1/2023 7:32 PM (#1016815 - in reply to #1016812)

Happy new year all!

I hope to fish more this year, last year was weird. Maybe ill be motivated to use the lunge log this year, I know I should.
chuckski
Posted 1/2/2023 11:10 AM (#1016824 - in reply to #1016804)

I have not been on a Muskie trip up North since 2018 one of my sisters wants to go on a trip for two weeks in the fall and a friend wants me to fish four days with a guide also in the fall. I also have to take care of my mom who's going to be 89, I would have my other sister help out but my brother in law has cancer. If I can get the trip spaced out and the timing right this could be great. My sister has to put in the time at work and my buddy has to hire the guide. Crossing my fingers. I need to get out and fish for Muskies rather talk of fishing for Muskies. Life was easy 30 years ago when I could call my grandma and say "is it OK if I come the last week of June"
ToddM
Posted 1/2/2023 11:39 AM (#1016825 - in reply to #1016804)

I need to try and get out more in 23. Worked more hours than any other year and few weekends off.
southern comfort
Posted 1/3/2023 9:32 AM (#1016837 - in reply to #1016804)

Happy New Year. I am committed to focus more on enjoying the hunt and worry less about my results. Stay in the moment!
jdsplasher
Posted 1/4/2023 5:32 AM (#1016867 - in reply to #1016837)

Happy New Year!

I am Committed Not to See another WAKE BOAT, The Rest Of My Life…;) …….:(

JD 

Edited by jdsplasher 1/4/2023 5:34 AM
North of 8
Posted 1/4/2023 7:33 AM (#1016868 - in reply to #1016867)

jdsplasher - 1/4/2023 5:32 AM

Happy New Year!

I am Committed Not to See another WAKE BOAT, The Rest Of My Life…;) …….:(

JD 

I take it you will be fishing shallow rivers and streams from now on?
They had a public hearing about the issue recently in the Northwoods and one thing that I hope some people finally got through their thick skulls is that the DNR does not have the regulatory authority to curtail use/abuse of Wake Boats, outside of laws that apply to all boats. Nor can they legally enforce restrictions put in place by townships or counties. Only state statutes. In addition to all the issues caused by massive wakes, turns out that is almost impossible to fully empty the huge ballast tanks on this style of boat. The folks who are concerned about the transportation of invasive species say those tanks are a nightmare. Here we fishermen try and be good stewards by draining the small amount of water from our motors, bilge and live wells and these folks merrily go on their way with a hundred or more gallons still in the tanks.
dickP
Posted 1/4/2023 10:30 AM (#1016876 - in reply to #1016804)

Nice thread!Happy New year to all!
Suspect ours started off with a bigger 'bang' than most.The roof on our 60 by 100 machine shed collapsed on,among countless other things,my 620,tractor,jeep,trailers etc.Really hurts on the 620 as just prior to storing it i had added all new electronics,tr motor,etc.Guess the half inch of ice and 20 plus inches of snow was too much.
Fortunately we have a good company and a great adjustor who has been 'all over it' the last few days.Yesterday it was determined the building is a total loss and a check will be in the mail to us in the next few days.Just hired a guy that has experience dealing with this who has an excavator with a 'thumb' and can 'pick off' portions of the roof covering the boat,tractor etc prior to demolition and removal of the rest.Hopefully the boat can be salvaged and repaired but...????We'll see.
Anyway best wishes to all and hoping all can have numerous up close and personal interactions with muskies this year.One boat or another,I sure hope to.
North of 8
Posted 1/4/2023 11:36 AM (#1016877 - in reply to #1016876)

dickP - 1/4/2023 10:30 AM

Suspect ours started off with a bigger 'bang' than most.The roof on our 60 by 100 machine shed collapsed on,among countless other things,my 620,tractor,jeep,trailers etc.Really hurts on the 620 as just prior to storing it i had added all new electronics,tr motor,etc.Guess the half inch of ice and 20 plus inches of snow was too much.
Fortunately we have a good company and a great adjustor who has been 'all over it' the last few days.Yesterday it was determined the building is a total loss and a check will be in the mail to us in the next few days.Just hired a guy that has experience dealing with this who has an excavator with a 'thumb' and can 'pick off' portions of the roof covering the boat,tractor etc prior to demolition and removal of the rest.Hopefully the boat can be salvaged and repaired but...????We'll see.
Anyway best wishes to all and hoping all can have numerous up close and personal interactions with muskies this year.One boat or another,I sure hope to.

Sorry to hear that. My neighbor had the same thing a few years ago, they were up snowmobiling, had just put 6 high end sleds in the pole barn, came into the house for a hot toddy when they heard the crash. But, the insurance came through on both building and equipment. Hope yours takes care of you as well as his did.
chuckski
Posted 1/4/2023 3:07 PM (#1016884 - in reply to #1016804)

We can get some big snow's (and heavy) in the springtime here in the front range a number of years ago I got 40" of snow in my part of town and a lot of the big box stores had roofs cave in. My parents at the time lived in the foothills west of town and they got over 6'. My nephew lived with them and he had to stay at work (The Brown Palace) a four star hotel downtown along with all the other employees and my parents were out of town. Couple days later after they got the roads partly open he was able (my nephew) to get into the neighborhood and barrow some snowshoes and get some clothes and stay with me. The next day I went up in my 4X4, they plowed some of the roads got closer and followed my nephews trial in. Got in the house (when I lived there I did all the snow removal) after I moved out dad got a snow blower. I could not get the snow blower to work so I dug a trial to the front door. Before my parents got home they came in with a giant front end loader and plowed the road. On a side note when I first moved to Colorado I lived with my parents in the foothills and had a 30 mile drive to work everyday. All my co workers gave me crap "lets see the California guy drive in the snow" I put snow tires on my front wheel drive car I had at the time and was never late or missed a day. Those same people would call in "there's too much snow" I can't make it in! The boss "WHAT" Chuck made it and was early to boot.
dickP
Posted 1/5/2023 6:08 AM (#1016901 - in reply to #1016804)

Thanks North of 8,so far so good.Didn't need more snow but making progress.$$ is nice but some things are hard to replace.
kap
Posted 1/5/2023 8:08 AM (#1016902 - in reply to #1016804)

sorry to hear the bad news Dick. This is where your insurance company can make you a believer. And is really a time for them to advertise on what a good comany they are. Hope they take care of you as this is a huge head shaker. They need to know how important equipment can be to a person. Happy new year and wishes to get past your ugly start.
sworrall
Posted 1/5/2023 9:59 AM (#1016906 - in reply to #1016876)

dickP - 1/4/2023 10:30 AM

OUCH! Hope all gets resolved, I'd be in shock.
chuckski
Posted 1/7/2023 10:54 AM (#1016975 - in reply to #1016804)

Here in Denver we have a stock show (Cattle and Rodeo) every January and they keep the town light up and decorated (Christmas) to the stock show is over in late January. So they had a pole on the news when do you take down our Christmas decorations? 25 % after Christmas 50 % after New Years and 25 % after the Stock Show. Come home after dark last night a quite a few houses were still lit up. I took ours down off the house after New Years but the stuff on the lawn is buried in snow.
I'm working on the inside during ball this weekend. The thing that made me thing of this I was going to the store today and a lot of people in my neighborhood put up Halloween decorations in Oct. and I go by a house and there are three Skeleton's dressed in hat's, glove's and scarf's holding a big sign "we're Back"
chuckski
Posted 1/7/2023 6:17 PM (#1016986 - in reply to #1016804)

As fishermen and outdoors men we watch the weather more then the average person. But also if you look at some of our posts they run together. Last winter we had a post about high winds and I go out set the Christmas decorations back up and I found my grass was bone dry and I had to get the hose out and water it. (I never had to do this in 30 + years in the winter) This year I started a post about a bad storm witch went across and hit everyone, Living in the west it just hit me first. When New year's rolls around a post gets started about the New Year after all we start booking cabins and hiring guides. When poor Dick reports on this storm damaged shed building. Now I think of last Dec30th 2021 when a wind storm started a fire in the northwest suburbs between Denver and Boulder burned closed to 1200 homes and another 200 + businesses 1100 cars and some pets died when the owners were at work others were saved when people were fleeing knew the neighbors were gone kicked it the front door saved the pets. When the shed gets damaged or our property in damaged we hope insurance covers it. In the last few years Denver's population has exploded and cost of homes has gone way up and a lot of people were underinsured and are having trouble rebuilding. This fall I went to our agent on my mom's behalf and upped our coverage. May we all have good luck with mother nature. The above fire was right in the middle of town instead of going tree to tree it went house to house.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)