Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Dolhins are so smart that with a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish..
- (Added by: Stan Durst 1)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Globe-style bait question

Message Subject: Globe-style bait question
David_Bily
Posted 10/7/2022 10:14 AM (#1013548)
Subject: Globe-style bait question

I purchased a globe-style bait this summer with propellers both fore and aft. The head of the bait turns fine. No problems. The aft prop, however does not turn. I believe this is due to the fact that the main part of the body is not fixed to the shaft, and tends to slide to the back of the bait where it causes the rear prop to bind. So, my question is "How do I secure the wooden body to the shaft?" Other baits that I have including toppers, globes and tail rotates all have bodies secured to the shaft. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
OH Muskyman
Posted 10/7/2022 7:02 PM (#1013554 - in reply to #1013548)
Subject: Re: Globe-style bait question

You maybe able to put a tooth pick in the hole in the body with a little glue to keep it from moving on the wire.
jdsplasher
Posted 10/7/2022 8:35 PM (#1013557 - in reply to #1013554)

If there’s room in wire, you can put a L bend in wire right after body. If you have a topper stopper, it will be the same. Or…….

you can reshaft with a new wire. Pinch a solid bead directly in back of body with a vise. Either braze, or super glue or solder bead may help hold bead. Or again, put a small bend in wire directly in back of bead, to keep body pressing on blade.

JD 

Edited by jdsplasher 10/7/2022 8:38 PM
chuckski
Posted 10/10/2022 10:58 AM (#1013613 - in reply to #1013548)

Years ago I had a Slammer Globe that didn't work right and I sent it back to the manufacture with a note please repair or replace and they fixed it and I still have it. Thank you Slammer lures.
K and M tackle
Posted 10/10/2022 9:51 PM (#1013628 - in reply to #1013548)

Put a bend in the wire. Otherwise run a new wire and put a couple beads. Metal beads to separate them and they will spin.
RJ_692
Posted 10/11/2022 12:38 PM (#1013641 - in reply to #1013548)

i know it doesnt answer the question but....reshaft and adding some beads should work as well

on globes i make i like to have the body move, i use a swivel connected directly to the shaft as i am not a huge fan of spreaders. i dont use any tail blades but beads work really good for that
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)