Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> First Frost Muskie

Message Subject: First Frost Muskie
chuckski
Posted 9/25/2022 9:11 AM (#1012141)
Subject: First Frost Muskie

Who's caught a Muskie after the first hard frost? (next day)
chuckski
Posted 9/25/2022 11:57 AM (#1012148 - in reply to #1012141)
Subject: Re: First Frost Muskie

We travel to Wisconsin or Minnesota a lot in the fall over the years. Usually between 17 September and as late as 7th of October. This way mom could see the fall colors and we get in on fall fishing. Sometimes it's pre turnover or post turn over depending how late we go or how early the lakes turn. Tony Rizzo always talked of catching fish on the first day after the first frost. If we go in September sometimes they had a frost and sometimes not. In October there's usually a frost but not always.
On today's date 25th September we had the first frost and dad got a 33" on the second cast on a Cisco colored Eddie and I got a 40" later in the day in a different boat on a Cisco colored Cobb's Crazy Shad. One other year we had the first frost while we were there and went out with a guide and had a fish drop a sucker and I had a fish bump a Depth Raider with a closed mouth at the end of the day. No fish! So I guess you never know.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)