Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Northern Lower Peninsula

Message Subject: Northern Lower Peninsula
RikkiTikkii
Posted 8/10/2022 3:38 PM (#1010654)
Subject: Northern Lower Peninsula

Hello! Any Michiganders here?

I was hoping somebody could offer some guidance or advice on how to find musky in the Burt/Mullett/Black chain of lakes and rivers.

I moved to Cheboygan just as the ice on Lake Huron disappeared and I have caught more than my fair share of pike but Musky have been difficult to locate. I have hooked two small ones <24” and seen a few more small ones. I did get an incidental follow while fishing for smallies that was over 30.

How do I find the big mommas this fall when the water cools down? I missed my best chance in the spring to find them shallow I suppose—don’t want to spend the entire late-summer to late-fall period casting the wrong areas.

Right now I have been fishing the Cheboygan river above the dam to the forks area and the mouth of the river near Lake Huron.

Any helpful hints accepted. I know it is a pretty low density musky fishery, but I live here now, have seen the small ones, and I know big ones are in the area somewhere….

I’m tired of driving to Tahquamenon lol!!!
CincySkeez
Posted 8/11/2022 2:12 PM (#1010694 - in reply to #1010654)
Subject: Re: Northern Lower Peninsula

The Burt chain has an excellent fall fishery. Low density but thats water worth spending tons of time on.
RikkiTikkii
Posted 8/11/2022 6:19 PM (#1010699 - in reply to #1010694)
Subject: Re: Northern Lower Peninsula

CincySkeez - 8/11/2022 3:12 PM

The Burt chain has an excellent fall fishery. Low density but thats water worth spending tons of time on.

Well that’s good to hear because I do have tons of time. For now I am going to stick to fishing the rivers. Maybe the bays where the trout rivers flow into the lakes. It’s certainly a pretty special area—every species is accessible if you now how to find it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)