Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Buying a propeller

Reply New post
Message Subject: Buying a propeller
North of 8
Posted 7/28/2022 7:50 AM (#1010204)
Subject: Buying a propeller

Couple weeks ago, traveling through an area directly across the lake from my house I hit something that I think was a submerged or floating log. Even though I was going 5 mph, it destroyed my lower unit. The prop was stainless steel and was on the boat when I bought it from original owner. Owner of the shop where I took it feels aluminum is the way to go on a motor/boat like mine, 90hp tiller, 18' Pro V.

The steel prop was a 14" 17pitch according to what was stamped on it. The prop that came with the motor and had never been used is a 14" 19pitch aluminum. The dealer is going to put that on and lake test when they finish the lower unit. If it runs well, would like to get another prop to have as back up. Any suggestions on where to buy, what to look for? This is not a high-performance rig and that is ok. Just want reliability and efficiency.
mikie
Posted 7/29/2022 8:24 AM (#1010255 - in reply to #1010204)
Subject: Re: Buying a propeller

This might be a good place to ask that question:
http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=132

Most boat dealers have connections to prop shops. Google pops up lots of options that may or may not be legit. Cabelas comes up on the list, so maybe start there? m
North of 8
Posted 7/29/2022 9:31 AM (#1010262 - in reply to #1010255)
Subject: Re: Buying a propeller

mikie - 7/29/2022 8:24 AM

This might be a good place to ask that question:
http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=132

Most boat dealers have connections to prop shops. Google pops up lots of options that may or may not be legit. Cabelas comes up on the list, so maybe start there? m

Thanks, I will give that a try. I was getting conflicting options when doing a search.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)