Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Permanent Daylight Savings Time

Message Subject: Permanent Daylight Savings Time
esoxaddict
Posted 3/19/2022 6:43 PM (#1003682 - in reply to #1003551)
Subject: Re: Permanent Daylight Savings Time

Probably all cases of people who realized on their way to work on Monday that they forgot to change the clocks over the weekend...
gregk9
Posted 3/19/2022 8:04 PM (#1003686 - in reply to #1003679)

North of 8 - 3/19/2022 5:21 PM

gregk9 - 3/18/2022 8:22 PM

I don't like! Leave it the way it is Actually put back to the way it was before they monkeyed around with it the last time. I don't like change! Change is not good!

Not sure if you are serious or not, but was surprised this morning to hear a medical doctor at the sleep institute at a major university say that it can actually be a health hazard. They tracked strokes and heart attacks over many years that occurred the week after the switch to daylight savings time and the numbers were up 12% over any other week in the year and that was consistent over the years. I knew some people don't adjust well but nothing like that.

Serious as a heart attack. IDK, I have a hard time believing that changing time one hour 2x a year give 12% more people heart attacks and strokes.
miket55
Posted 3/19/2022 9:35 PM (#1003689 - in reply to #1003551)

There's the guys and gals flying intercontinental routes, across multiple time zones with no ill effects..

... and don't give me that crap "Well they're used to it".... trust me ... they never do get used to it, they learn to deal with it..

Edited by miket55 3/19/2022 9:38 PM
TCESOX
Posted 3/19/2022 9:39 PM (#1003690 - in reply to #1003686)

gregk9 - 3/19/2022 8:04 PM

North of 8 - 3/19/2022 5:21 PM

gregk9 - 3/18/2022 8:22 PM

I don't like! Leave it the way it is Actually put back to the way it was before they monkeyed around with it the last time. I don't like change! Change is not good!

Not sure if you are serious or not, but was surprised this morning to hear a medical doctor at the sleep institute at a major university say that it can actually be a health hazard. They tracked strokes and heart attacks over many years that occurred the week after the switch to daylight savings time and the numbers were up 12% over any other week in the year and that was consistent over the years. I knew some people don't adjust well but nothing like that.

Serious as a heart attack. IDK, I have a hard time believing that changing time one hour 2x a year give 12% more people heart attacks and strokes.

Correlation does not mean causality, but it does warrant further investigation.
chuckski
Posted 3/20/2022 11:38 PM (#1003716 - in reply to #1003551)

I'm retired so pick a time and i'm fine. But for what it's worth back in the 70's when they tried it I was going to school and it pretty dark on the way to school and this was in Orange County California. I tried working grave yard onetime and that lasted two months, I'm half Danish and we few to Denmark one time and jet lag sucks. As stated above you don't get used to it
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)