Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Bombsquad flaptails C4

Message Subject: Bombsquad flaptails C4
yellowcard129
Posted 2/22/2022 7:59 PM (#1002750)
Subject: Bombsquad flaptails C4

Anyone use the smaller c4 version? thoughts? 85$ bait with shipping and would like some feedback before I pull the trigger. thanks
dward
Posted 2/22/2022 10:24 PM (#1002758 - in reply to #1002750)
Subject: RE: Bombsquad flaptails C4

85, thought I only paid about $65?

Nonetheless I used it one trip in September on LOTW and had 2 blowups , but no fish.

I like how the back hooks have the flexible arms for storage, but one problem I have is after first fish hit it, they now rotate a bit and I can’t seem to tighten the screw anymore. Seems to foul up the lure now on some casts. Other than that, and fact I went 0-2 on hookups, I still do believe the smaller profile with big bait sound and commotion... will over time get AB great hookup percentage

But make sure to fish it slow..... slower the better I found
RyanJoz
Posted 2/23/2022 6:09 AM (#1002763 - in reply to #1002758)
Subject: Re: Bombsquad flaptails C4

There is an upgraded spreader that eliminates that problem. Get on bomb squad site.
yellowcard129
Posted 2/23/2022 8:10 AM (#1002770 - in reply to #1002758)

70$ at TRO which most are sold out, 75$ at his website plus add 10$ tax/shipping. The maker said you can reel this in slightly faster then your typical flaptail because he uses more dense wood and weighs more. Is this true?
dward
Posted 2/23/2022 4:36 PM (#1002804 - in reply to #1002770)

RyanJoz-

oh wow, thanks for the tip, went onto their website and sure enough they have a new arm system for their back hooks! thought maybe i was only one with that problem...

appreciate the tip
Ogandrews
Posted 2/25/2022 7:07 AM (#1002889 - in reply to #1002750)

I own the larger size and it has incredible action. Only issues with it is the swivel on the back isn’t tight enough out of the box so sometimes when it hits the water the swivel will rotate to the side causing the blade not to run right. The first one I got had a defective spreader bar, had a giant blow up on it on vermilion and the second I felt pressure from the fish one side of spreader broke off. Thorne gave me a new one and said that it had happened to a couple so maybe just a bad batch of wire. Overall though it’s an awesome bait, compared to the LL ones I’ve seen thrown it seems louder and more aggressive with a bigger wake.
mbani
Posted 2/25/2022 8:10 AM (#1002891 - in reply to #1002889)

I’ve had the same problem with the swivel on the bigger one. Great sound to the bait though. Smaller one the blade didn’t quite work right and had to mess with it. Now it’s good to go
Jeff Hanson
Posted 2/27/2022 5:53 PM (#1002976 - in reply to #1002891)

I had a customer that had one last summer, He asked if he could throw it I said sure.
I was very impressed with it. He had a mid 40's fish blast it the first 10 casts with it.
I went home and ordered one from Team Rhino after the trip.
They are by far the best built Flap tail I have seen/used. The epoxy coating on it is very thick, The one I bought has 8 fish on it with hardly a scratch on it.
The new ones with the upgraded spreader are the way to go.
I have done well on this bait with very slow retrieves and is only flat tail I've seen that you can work it fast too. It is also a heavier bait so it really makes a nice wake.
I bought another one last fall.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
BNelson
Posted 3/7/2022 1:32 PM (#1003252 - in reply to #1002750)

I was fortunate to have one before they were released and it put quite a few fish in the boat to 47" in Wi.
Ive tried most flaps made and like this one over all others.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)