Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Hds 10 gen2 waypoint transfer & crash

Reply New post
Message Subject: Hds 10 gen2 waypoint transfer & crash
MuskyMike51
Posted 9/19/2021 9:42 AM (#992914)
Subject: Hds 10 gen2 waypoint transfer & crash

Hey ya’ll…

I am trying to transfer waypoints From a chip into my Hds 10. Gen2 (non touch)

Here is where I am at thus far. I have backed up all trails and way points to an SD card. I have cleared and purged the system. When I go to import a 9 MB user file v4 I get to 1% import and the system crashes.

Soft restart, same thing… crash/reboot at 1%

Hard restart with update to last version available from Lowrance for this legacy unit (4.0)

I try to import the new file, which I got from a friend. We took his boat on a trip last year and I am taking way points from his Hds live and exporting them as file version 4 to load into my units. After all the, same crash at 1%. What am I missing?

I can, thankfully, reload my previously saved trails and way points. The loading process looks slightly different than when I try to load new stuff.

Help.

I know it’s Sunday, I’ll try Lowrance tomorrow, not sure if they will even help with this unit/model. Thanks.
RyanJoz
Posted 9/29/2021 10:28 PM (#996157 - in reply to #992914)
Subject: Re: Hds 10 gen2 waypoint transfer & crash

I think I have used v5 on gen 2 non touch units before. I had to use the version that didn’t store depth of the waypoint to get it to work from my live to my old gen 2’s
Jerry Newman
Posted 12/24/2021 6:52 PM (#999891 - in reply to #996157)

Years ago we had issues trying to save old icons/waypoints onto our next generation Lowrance units, removing the trails was the ticket.

Recommend: saving to your friends unit (after saving and deleting his existing files), deleting everything except the waypoints on his unit, copy, they attempt the install.

Edited by Jerry Newman 12/24/2021 6:53 PM
dickP
Posted 2/11/2022 8:18 AM (#1002381 - in reply to #992914)

Call Hummingbird.Sadly don't remember how but they helped get my Lowrance waypoints on my Gen 2s.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)