Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lowrance Elite 9Ti2

Message Subject: Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
esox30
Posted 7/26/2021 11:07 PM (#982628)
Subject: Lowrance Elite 9Ti2

Fellas, looking for opinions on this graphic anyone has used it or suggest something else. It would be a big trade up for me from what I have, and being on a budget this one seems to be rated pretty good for the money. I am interested in side scan capabilities primarily and have used Lowrance in the past so I'd like to stay there if possible. Thanks for the insights.
JZ2386
Posted 7/27/2021 8:05 AM (#982638 - in reply to #982628)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Elite 9Ti2

I have the Elite 9Ti. I like it. It is not as clear as the Humminbird Mega Imaging. It does give you a pretty good view though. It does have a faster processor which is really nice. The mapping function works well when you need it. There are some good YouTube videos that you can watch to give you a good idea on how the unit operates. For the money I definitely think it is worth it.
RyanJoz
Posted 7/28/2021 8:17 AM (#982670 - in reply to #982628)

Ti2 with the 3:1 is a great finder. Hds with the high def screen is close to mega for sure. Resolution on the ti2 is not as high. Ti2 also has the ability to network wirelessly to another ti2
cdubs
Posted 7/28/2021 9:14 AM (#982673 - in reply to #982628)

I'm not sure on the price difference, but I purchased an Elite FS 9 this spring to pair up with 2 HDS Gen 3's. I saved about $800 by not getting a third HDS. I believe I paid around $1200 for the unit with the 3 in 1 transducer. The only difference that I can come up with is that there is only on Ethernet port so if you wanted to run the live feature you wouldn't be able to have it linked with the other units. I believe the the Ti has wireless which means if you're in poor service, it's tough to use. Anyways, like I said I'm not sure the price difference between the FS and Ti but the FS is an excellent unit with great clarity and quality. I take Lowrance over hummingbird any day of the week.
RyanJoz
Posted 7/28/2021 2:31 PM (#982677 - in reply to #982673)

FYI, the wireless connection to another eliteti2 is bluetooth and doesn't require cell service to share maps and 2d sonar.

also if linking new units using the 3:1 transducer to HDS older than carbons (particular software still required on carbon units), the units run in legacy mode and it reduces the quality of the SI on anything on the network.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)