Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Northern Wisconsin area lakes

Message Subject: Northern Wisconsin area lakes
badkemo
Posted 5/4/2021 9:22 AM (#979625)
Subject: Northern Wisconsin area lakes

HI Everyone,

I was wondering what would be a good Musky lake in the northern woods area. I typically go every year with my family to St Germain and stay on Little St Germain Lake, there are very many cabins to chose from however fishing is very bad.

What other area lakes would be good for a good few days stay that have a bit better fishing and still good amount of cabins to chose from?

Thanks in advance
sukrchukr
Posted 5/4/2021 10:44 AM (#979629 - in reply to #979625)
Subject: Re: Northern Wisconsin area lakes

there are many good lakes in that area. My suggestion would be to hire a guide and learn as much as possible. I know the daily fee can be an issue, but the info you learn will last a lifetime
badkemo
Posted 5/4/2021 11:09 AM (#979633 - in reply to #979629)

sukrchukr - 5/4/2021 10:44 AM

there are many good lakes in that area. My suggestion would be to hire a guide and learn as much as possible. I know the daily fee can be an issue, but the info you learn will last a lifetime

I thought about that but with me taking my family (3 kids) that all like to be out on the boat I cant just leave them inside the cabin for a half/day and we usually stay the memorial day weekend up there.
ToddM
Posted 5/4/2021 11:33 AM (#979634 - in reply to #979625)

Buy a Fishing the North Country book for that area. All the lakes are in there with descriptions. You can also download the Wisconsin Musky Lakes PDF. It's all there. Find the water(s) you want to fish then look for resorts on it.
Vilas15
Posted 5/4/2021 2:33 PM (#979637 - in reply to #979634)

All good responses. Nobody is going to tell you their favorite 500 acre lake on a public forum. You might get some private messages from especially helpful individuals. Id also recommend the WI DNR musky lakes document. Look for class A2 lakes for healthy populations of fish but mostly below 40".
badkemo
Posted 5/4/2021 3:33 PM (#979638 - in reply to #979637)

Vilas15 - 5/4/2021 2:33 PM

All good responses. Nobody is going to tell you their favorite 500 acre lake on a public forum. You might get some private messages from especially helpful individuals. Id also recommend the WI DNR musky lakes document. Look for class A2 lakes for healthy populations of fish but mostly below 40".

Thank you for your reply. I thought about your statement about noone will give info on public site about their favorite lake after I posted it.

Thanks I am checking out the WI DNR Musky lakes document now
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)