Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Terrova and Helix 7 gen 3 with mdi question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Terrova and Helix 7 gen 3 with mdi question
moondog
Posted 4/30/2021 10:01 PM (#979556)
Subject: Terrova and Helix 7 gen 3 with mdi question

I just got a Terrova with mega down imaging and a helix 7 gen 3 with mega down imaging. I have everything rigged and power to everything. My question is so when i hook my transducer cable from the trolling motor to the back of the helix 7 and power up the helix 7 and deploy the trolling motor does the mega down imaging and the 2d sonar start working right away? Or do i have to do something or turn something on in the depth finder to start getting it to work?
colinj8899
Posted 5/1/2021 8:14 AM (#979559 - in reply to #979556)
Subject: Re: Terrova and Helix 7 gen 3 with mdi question

It should work instantly as long as your sonar is on. If you tap the power button on your helix it will bring up some options. Sonar on and off is one of them. Generally if your transducer is out of the water you should be shutting your sonar off so its not running while out of the water. You may get different opinions on this but you can damage your transducer when its out of the water and running.

To ensure proper care, I myself shut my sonar off when I pull my trolling motor and transducer out of the water. Hope this helps.
miket55
Posted 5/1/2021 9:54 PM (#979569 - in reply to #979559)
Subject: Re: Terrova and Helix 7 gen 3 with mdi question

colinj8899 - 5/1/2021 9:14 AM

To ensure proper care, I myself shut my sonar off when I pull my trolling motor and transducer out of the water. Hope this helps.

To do that, without completely shutting down the unit. push the power button, and it should be the top line on the pop up menu..

Edited by miket55 5/2/2021 12:59 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)