Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> LED light strips for Muskie fishing at night?

Reply New post
Message Subject: LED light strips for Muskie fishing at night?
toothycritter88
Posted 4/21/2021 4:07 PM (#979287)
Subject: LED light strips for Muskie fishing at night?

So I’ve been looking at installing these on my boat for night fishing. I have a hard time seeing baits in pitch black with the murky water I fish. Has anyone done them before and has it helped seeing your baits come in? Bugs flying around an issue too? Thanks in advance.
FrancescaHarris
Posted 11/3/2022 9:19 PM (#1014332 - in reply to #979287)
Subject: Re: LED light strips for Muskie fishing at night?

A week ago we went fishing, on a reservoir. We were there for three days and spent two nights on an island. Those who have gone on an overnight stay know how many things you need to take with you, a tent, sleeping bags, food, a gas stove, a battery with a lamp, tackle, and more. On the way home, we thought about how we could go fishing more compactly next time, but everything we took was the most necessary. LED fishing strips were very helpful. I also had different LED lights that worked very well, without interruptions, and allowed me to enjoy fishing.

Edited by FrancescaHarris 11/6/2022 9:03 PM
tundrawalker00
Posted 11/3/2022 9:22 PM (#1014333 - in reply to #1014332)

I swapped out my bow lights for these strips and, yes, you can see your baits come in more clearly. But I can't say for certain that red and green don't spook fish like they supposedly don't spook deer. They don't seem to rob my night vision, though. If I have both graphs on "dim" and these on, I adjust pretty quickly to the dark. I also put electrical tape around my all-around to minimize the glare at eye level.
bbeaupre
Posted 12/11/2022 7:15 AM (#1016363 - in reply to #979287)
Subject: RE: LED light strips for Muskie fishing at night?

I use a loop knot at night, i like the rapala version, but there are a couple. When the knot comes through your eyelet it you will know it is time for the 8. Dont need to see it, just need to feel it.
kap
Posted 12/11/2022 7:32 AM (#1016364 - in reply to #1016363)
Subject: RE: LED light strips for Muskie fishing at night?

or just tie a overhand knot in your braid that you will feel as it goes through your rod tip. a knot dosn't add a big enough weak spot on 80lb test.Test it your self tie a knot on dry land and pull on your line the end knot will break before the over hand.
North of 8
Posted 12/11/2022 8:22 AM (#1016365 - in reply to #1016364)

I tried tying a knot in my line above the leader for night fishing but maybe because I have arthritis in my hands, really could not feel. What I found works for me is to take a couple glow beads, placed about 3 inches apart and held in place by the slip on knots you use with beads for slip bobbers. Very distinct 'click' with that set up and if you wish you can charge/recharge them with a little black light flash light. Use that light on the glow strips on my foot pedal and power head on my trolling motor as well. If you charge the beads, they give you a visual on where abouts your leader is as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)