Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> SE Wisconsin - Northern Pike

Message Subject: SE Wisconsin - Northern Pike
pryan0225
Posted 4/17/2021 10:01 AM (#978161)
Subject: SE Wisconsin - Northern Pike

My nephew is getting into fishing. I want to get him muskie fishing but would like to first do some "training" on some Northern Pike. Any suggestions on some good pike lakes in SE Wisconsin. Looking really for action so even hammer handles would be ok. I'm not looking for spots, just some lakes with high populations of northerns.

Thanks!

Pat
jdsplasher
Posted 4/17/2021 11:30 AM (#978165 - in reply to #978161)
Subject: RE: SE Wisconsin - Northern Pike

Nagawicka, Okauchee, and pewaukee all have good pike fishing. Also the Muskego lakes have a lot of pike.
Okauchee’s ice house bay, the channel from the launch, and the Cranes nest back in the N East corner will be the first area’s to get green weeds. Okauchee pike love to slash up jig and creature combos. Blacks and pearl colors R $$$.
Nagawicka’s south end flats, and flats outside the Kettle, and kettle itself should hold pike.
Pewaukee s East end has plenty of pike. Run some spinnerbaits down deep, along with the new shallow 5” shallow slammer.

JD

Edited by jdsplasher 4/17/2021 11:34 AM
Backtroller
Posted 4/18/2021 6:04 PM (#978221 - in reply to #978161)
Subject: Re: SE Wisconsin - Northern Pike

I would have recommended Pine, but last year I barely caught any. My go to place was just outside of the boat launch where the lake starts to widen. Rattle raps were my bait of choice. I never caught anything of decent size but I use to catch enough to make it fun. Last year, try as I might, I couldn’t convince one to bite. Maybe this year might be better?
MD75
Posted 4/28/2021 11:33 AM (#979507 - in reply to #978161)
Subject: Re: SE Wisconsin - Northern Pike

Delavan is good for pike action! Good luck and have fun:)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)