Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Remote vs Foot Pedal

Reply New post
Message Subject: Remote vs Foot Pedal
14ledo81
Posted 4/30/2021 6:43 AM (#979548 - in reply to #978104)
Subject: Re: Remote vs Foot Pedal

I very rarely use the pedal.

But... I also primarily use "follow-the-contour" feature. Depending on how the wind is, I may adjust speed in between casts with the remote.
danlaboucane
Posted 4/30/2021 4:42 PM (#979554 - in reply to #979541)

danlaboucane - 4/29/2021 8:07 PM

i may have found another pedal for $150 so if it pans out i will try to cut the toe/heel part ! i will let you know what happens .

wrong pedal ! i will look at mine to see whATs possible without scraping it .
pstrombe
Posted 5/2/2021 9:33 PM (#979581 - in reply to #978104)

I think it's important to point out that unless the wind, water and current conditions are perfect the hand held is not a 'set it and forget it' function. This past Saturdays Southern WI opener featured 17 mph winds with 25 mph gusts. Boat control with either method was challenging at best but impossible using handheld only. We shared helm time and my friend would set a course and speed (set and forget) which resulting in the boat going too fast or being blow backwards with a gust. The crosswinds simply blew the boat sideways. In perfect conditions they are OK but anything less than perfect you spend more time fingering the handheld. I do use both but prefer the pedal. You are hands free and can use all the same options on the handheld. I move my foot off and on the pedal constantly for figure 8's - different casting angles etc. My only complaint and source of amusement to boat partners is sometimes I hit the stow button with my heel.
danlaboucane
Posted 5/3/2021 12:08 PM (#979601 - in reply to #979581)

sometimes I hit the stow button with my heel.

LOL that must be a hoot !
i did seat my friends a few times with the rabbit when my 80 pds was on the 14' aluminium .HA
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)