Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Private Northern Illinois Tiger Musky / LL Strain Lakes

Message Subject: Private Northern Illinois Tiger Musky / LL Strain Lakes
MuskyMaciek
Posted 3/22/2021 8:50 AM (#977224)
Subject: Private Northern Illinois Tiger Musky / LL Strain Lakes

Did any of you ever get to fish these lakes ? I know for most of them you need to be a resident or have permission. I heard some of these lakes produce nice fish for puddle size lakes.
ToddM
Posted 3/22/2021 9:31 AM (#977225 - in reply to #977224)
Subject: Re: Private Northern Illinois Tiger Musky / LL Strain Lakes

I fished lake Galena once. I was bass fishing it and hooked a 40" tiger on a spinnerbait. Beak hooked and it came off.
ILESOX
Posted 3/23/2021 8:59 PM (#977301 - in reply to #977225)

i have friends with places on apple canyon. there have been multple 50" muskies caught in there. mostly by guys bass fishing. there are a bunch of these lakes from stephenson east into boone county that have muskies in them
RLSea
Posted 3/24/2021 8:17 PM (#977353 - in reply to #977301)

ILESOX - 3/23/2021 8:59 PM

i have friends with places on apple canyon. there have been multple 50" muskies caught in there. mostly by guys bass fishing. there are a bunch of these lakes from stephenson east into boone county that have muskies in them

I fish Apple Canyon Lake a lot. I have seen muskies there in the spring trying to spawn on a couple of occasions. And, yes, muskies have been caught there, but it is not a fishable population. It has been 5 years since I have seen muskies in there.
MuskyMaciek
Posted 3/25/2021 9:33 AM (#977365 - in reply to #977353)

RLSea - 3/24/2021 8:17 PM

ILESOX - 3/23/2021 8:59 PM

I fish Apple Canyon Lake a lot. I have seen muskies there in the spring trying to spawn on a couple of occasions. And, yes, muskies have been caught there, but it is not a fishable population. It has been 5 years since I have seen muskies in there.

My guess these LL Strain fish have a higher mortality rate , due to lake structure and etc... and since tigers can't spawn people probably don't catch and release so they are gone.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)