Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Replacement blade for Slopmaster single

Message Subject: Replacement blade for Slopmaster single
mm3
Posted 3/18/2021 8:51 PM (#977115)
Subject: Replacement blade for Slopmaster single

Is the single bladed Bucher Slopmaster just a regular Colorado #7 I can order from Rollie and Helens?
Rotorhead
Posted 3/18/2021 9:48 PM (#977120 - in reply to #977115)
Subject: RE: Replacement blade for Slopmaster single

On any given day, I have six in my box and six more hanging on my bait wall, all with a variety of blades. You can use any blade style and size you want. Where the blade attaches with a bearing and split ring, I swap that out for a small, but good quality, snap swivel so I can quickly change blades. I use small blades if I really want to burn the Slopmaster without the drag of a larger blade. I keep a box of different size, color, and type (French, willow, Colorado, etc). Go to your local sporting goods store and stock up with blades like I just described. I also swap out the tail for an 8" Kalins grub. On my last trip to LOTW, I caught a 50.75" muskie in slop with one of my slopmasters. It's the most versatile bait in my box and I always have one pole rigged with one.
mm3
Posted 3/19/2021 4:27 AM (#977126 - in reply to #977120)

I hear ya. Really good feedback, and I think I will do that.

I was just wondering on the exact original because I have had success with it and it seems to have this vibration on that bait that's unbelievable. At times, when I run it right at the surface I'm using it basically like a topwater with this huge gurgle coming from it. I also like to get that blade going immediately, when it hits the water, for the reaction strike it gets.
7ovr50
Posted 3/19/2021 6:16 AM (#977128 - in reply to #977115)
Subject: Re: Replacement blade for Slopmaster single

I run blades from #7 down to #5 depending on conditions. Take Rotorheads' advice. Blades can be thick or thin. Each produces a different vibration so changing blades may be necessary. Also blades are a lot cheaper than more baits.
Rotorhead
Posted 3/19/2021 7:56 AM (#977135 - in reply to #977126)

Just about all the blades, big and small, you can get to gurgle with the right speed and controlling your pole tip height during your retrieve. Getting back to the original blade, it's a #8 Colorado. Rollie & Helen's sells a regular and heavy duty blade (thicker/heavier) that works too. All blades have a slightly different sound so in my case, if I have a half dozen Slopmasters in my box, I have a half-dozen different sounding baits much like people have many topwaters because they all sound different. On another note, they aren't just for slop as I use them around rocks, in and around wood, and open water. I have many other baits for all situations, but Slopmasters are my go-to bait for so many things.
mm3
Posted 3/19/2021 5:04 PM (#977164 - in reply to #977135)

I order a few different ones from Rollie and Helens. I'll be experimenting this summer!
Rotorhead
Posted 3/19/2021 5:08 PM (#977165 - in reply to #977164)

And you'll be the one catching fish! Strongly recommend getting some longer twister tails. The one that comes with the bait is too small. I use 8" Kalin's. White and Chartreus are both good. I wish you very good luck!
Cabbage Patch
Posted 3/19/2021 11:06 PM (#977184 - in reply to #977115)

A number 7 deep cup Colorado blade??. Thump thump and hang on tight!!
ToddM
Posted 3/20/2021 8:28 PM (#977199 - in reply to #977115)
Subject: Re: Replacement blade for Slopmaster single

If I am not mistaken that is a round flat Colorado blade. Hagensfish sells that kind of blade.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)