Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Trout Fishing - Madison Area

Message Subject: Trout Fishing - Madison Area
MuskyMaciek
Posted 3/15/2021 10:40 AM (#976943)
Subject: Trout Fishing - Madison Area

Good morning all , I know this is a musky forum but I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction where I can try trout fishing in Madison area. What gear do I need , what should I look for , etc. Never tried fishing for trout and would like to try. Thanks in advance!
Vilas15
Posted 3/15/2021 2:08 PM (#976949 - in reply to #976943)
Subject: Re: Trout Fishing - Madison Area

Driftless starts in cross plains and only gets better as you go west. Closer you are to vernon county the better. Grab a 1/8 oz panther martin black with a gold blade and go to work. Cast upstream and retrieve down towards you, walking and moving upstream so youre coming from behind the fish that are facing into the current. I fish a 5' ultralight with 4 lb mono. Pinch the barbs down for now during catch and release season and you shouldnt hurt many fish. Carry a small rubber net to unhook them and keep them wet while you prep a phone or camera for photos. If you're looking for spots theres plenty of big popular streams you'll hear about but thats as much help as youll get. Look at the wi dnr TROUT tool map for stream regs and also easement locations for stream access and areas you can legally walk the banks. Good luck!
eljefe
Posted 3/21/2021 9:31 AM (#977208 - in reply to #976943)
Subject: Re: Trout Fishing - Madison Area

i fished gordon creek and blue mound last sunday. i got my @ss handed to me on these creeks. i'll blame it on the pressure and the cold front that moved in. further from madison the better off you are. get to castle rock area.

PM me if more info is needed.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)