Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lund Pro-V Musky

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lund Pro-V Musky
Rob C
Posted 3/6/2021 9:54 PM (#976553)
Subject: Lund Pro-V Musky

I was looking around at some boats online when I came across Lund's Pro-V Musky. It certainly looks nice, and I've been in several Lunds and they all seemed to ride pretty well too. I feel like it would be a blast to fish in for most of the year, but I'm concerned that this model wouldn't be the best fit for a rough late fall day on big water. Mostly what concerns me is how exposed you would be to the cold water at that time of year. You just don't have the slightly higher sides on the Pro-V musky like you would have on a traditional multispecies boat. I've never been on a bass style boat so I have no experience on this style.

Anyone have experience with this model? Would you recommend it?

Edited by Rob C 3/6/2021 10:10 PM
sworrall
Posted 3/6/2021 10:47 PM (#976555 - in reply to #976553)
Subject: Re: Lund Pro-V Musky

It's the IPS hull and is the same as the Pro-V Bass except for dedicated storage for muskie tackle. Has an optional padded front deck. Canadian Jeff "Gussy" Gustafson fishes all over Ontario in that hull and just won a Bassmaster Elite on Tennessee River fishing very rough water. From what I have seen it handles rough water well. If big water is 3' to 4' seas, that should not be a problem to run. If you have a question on how that hull handles, go to his Facebook page and ask him, he should answer when he can. I know he's home right now.

I don't think you can put a kicker on that boat, if that's an issue for you. I'd also check around fast if you want one, Lund is nearly sold out for 2021 models.

Specs:
XS Model, 4 seats in the cockpit instead of bench seat style.
Boat
48/60 MPH Min/Max MPH
20' 10" Length
96" Beam Width
81.75" Chine Width
25" Transom Height
20" Cockpit Depth (only 5" less than the comparable Deep V glass models)
1850 lbs (Pedestal Seating)
Standard Boat Weight
5 Maximum Persons
49 gallon Fuel Tank Capacity
10' Max Rod Storage Length

Boat / Motor / Trailer
23' 11" Length
6' 10" Height
8' 6" Width
3309 lbs (Pedestal Seating)
Towing Weight
Hull
IPS2 Hull Design
0.080" Freeboard Thickness
0.125" Bottom Thickness
0.205" Double-Plated Bow Thickness
Ruddiger
Posted 3/7/2021 10:52 AM (#976566 - in reply to #976553)

Howdy,

What Steve said!

Also, I'd be much more concerned about the hull below water than the freeboard above. I have a Ranger 522D, which is to Ranger what the Pro-V Musky is to Lund. I have never longed for the freeboard of the 621 AT ALL as its basically the same hull below the waterline and works flawlessly.

I'm sure the Pro-V Musky will do the same.

Take care,

Ruddiger

Edited by Ruddiger 3/7/2021 10:54 AM
medy
Posted 3/13/2021 9:13 AM (#976848 - in reply to #976553)

The Pro-V Musky is essentially a Pro-V Bass with different bells and whistles. APbassin has some videos of the Pro-V Bass on Lake Michigan (be warned, they are apbassin videos). Lund also has a video musky fishing out of the Pro-V Bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAySTqC2wo

(sorry if this tugs Wabigoon heart strings Steve)
7ovr50
Posted 3/13/2021 3:38 PM (#976856 - in reply to #976553)

FYI I ordered an Impact in Oct last year delivery was delayed 6 mo. Dealers in my area are now excepting 2022 orders. My dealer has 12 stock boats on back order from Sept 2020. The last I talked to them none of the boats had a production date yet let alone a delivery date. Good luck getting any thing new ordered quick this year from any dealer. There is an industry back log I've been told.

Edited by 7ovr50 3/13/2021 4:14 PM
dhebeda
Posted 3/13/2021 3:41 PM (#976857 - in reply to #976553)

I’m told my Pro-V Musky will be available early May.....We will see
sukrchukr
Posted 3/13/2021 6:27 PM (#976864 - in reply to #976553)

Im not sure about the ride of the Pro-V Musky.......but that high deck like that just doesnt seem like the cats ass to me.... a following muskie can see the color of your socks.......i have a Lund Pro Guide, and when I fish alone... I stand in the center on the main floor....at least im a little hidden
just my opinion
sworrall
Posted 3/13/2021 9:31 PM (#976868 - in reply to #976864)

sukrchukr - 3/13/2021 6:27 PM

Im not sure about the ride of the Pro-V Musky.......but that high deck like that just doesnt seem like the cats ass to me.... a following muskie can see the color of your socks.......i have a Lund Pro Guide, and when I fish alone... I stand in the center on the main floor....at least im a little hidden
just my opinion

??

I'm pretty sure a few inches of freeboard will not hide much of even a 5' tall angler.

Obviously, demand is extremely high, and supply reduced due to covid. Boats of nearly all brands are selling out, and that's no secret.
FishHateMe
Posted 3/14/2021 8:10 AM (#976877 - in reply to #976553)

A recent episode of Lund Ultimate Fishing Experience features Jeremy Smith and James Lindner fishing muskies in a Pro-V Musky. You can find it on Youtube. They spend a couple minutes segment reviewing the boat. Obviously favorable, LOL.
sukrchukr
Posted 3/14/2021 7:19 PM (#976917 - in reply to #976868)

sworrall - 3/13/2021 9:31 PM

sukrchukr - 3/13/2021 6:27 PM

just my opinion

??

I'm pretty sure a few inches of freeboard will not hide much of even a 5' tall angler.

Obviously, demand is extremely high, and supply reduced due to covid. Boats of nearly all brands are selling out, and that's no secret.

??
with that high deck of the Pro V Musky, it just seems like youre more exposed to a following muskie... is all I was trying to say..... Its just my opinion, no hardcore facts or scientific data to back it up
sworrall
Posted 3/14/2021 10:14 PM (#976928 - in reply to #976553)

The boat has a 20" deep interior. The 2075 Pro Guide is a half-inch deeper. I'd say the freeboard is maybe 5" different on the deck. Comparisons are of the 2075 models. I bet you'd like that ride.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)