Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Single bladed bucktails

Message Subject: Single bladed bucktails
Muskyrookie
Posted 2/10/2021 6:34 PM (#975093)
Subject: Single bladed bucktails

I'd like to add a couple of single bladed flashabou style bucktails ( 6-8 size blades 6-8" in length). I have a few hair style already ( mepps,bucher). Was wondering what you all have used that standout from others. Do you match colors with say your double 8s, for more subtle approach when lazy fish won't bite? Do you go darker and or brighter to help get attention with less vibration? Thicker or thinner blades? I only want a handful or so that's why I'm asking you all here to hopefully help me narrow some down. Thanks
Bigbucks1985
Posted 2/10/2021 7:11 PM (#975095 - in reply to #975093)
Subject: RE: Single bladed bucktails

Musky mayhem single girl, rabid girl. Esox assault single 8. Lots of good blades being made today, can’t really go wrong. Colors are use depends on your water, go some natural colors and some bright colors.
RJ_692
Posted 2/11/2021 7:20 AM (#975103 - in reply to #975093)
Subject: Re: Single bladed bucktails

an Inhaler single blade with the teaser moved the largest musky that ive ever seen. Chartreuse blade black hair.
Musky Mob Guides
Posted 2/11/2021 3:27 PM (#975122 - in reply to #975093)

Musky Mayhem single girls are a staple in our boat. Another good one would be the Rabbid Squirrel.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 2/11/2021 4:58 PM (#975134 - in reply to #975122)

Single Bladed Rabid Squirrels are very good in early season,
Then Summer-Fall, I use the Munchkin from Spanky Baits-
https://teamrhinooutdoors.com/products/spanky-baits-munchkin?_pos=1&...
It has a single 9 on it and has a great thump to it. Has been great on pressured waters where the fish see tons of double blades. Put a bunch of 45"-48" fish in the boat on these.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Muskyrookie
Posted 2/11/2021 7:07 PM (#975144 - in reply to #975134)

Thanks for the replies, I ended up picking out 4. A bucher 501 and 701 ( I like the fluted blades), an essox single 8, and a llungen single 8 hybrid. This go around I wanted to focus on midsized blades. I bought some of the spanky baits last year and like them alot. For these I didn't want to get the everything heavy baits. I wanted to get some that are higher riding. I was also looking at those rabbid series blades. Might give one of those a try next time I buy some more.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)