Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Pa fisherman

Reply New post
Message Subject: Pa fisherman
Muskyrookie
Posted 11/15/2020 2:59 PM (#968982)
Subject: Pa fisherman

For those of you that fish the allegheny, Monongahela, Ohio, conemaugh rivers, and pymatuning, moraine, tionesta, keystone power dam, yellow creek, raystown lakes. Would you be better off with a deep v style boat like the lund fury 1600, or would a flat bottom like the tracker grizzly 1648 be your choice. Our restrictions are 20hp so that is what id like to only have 1 motor. Id also probably get a 55lb troller. I know range will be somewhat limited so I've taken that into consideration. But as far as comfort, stability, ease of use, whats your experience with these styles on these waterways? They all have deep and shallow water which is why I'm asking. We have alot of other smaller lakes that I would hit as well. Mostly fishing for muskie, pike, small and largemouth bass, catfish, crappie, and walleye. I know multiple boats would work better but thats not in the cards.. I've noticed our rivers don't have all the barge traffic they used to which is why id even consider running a flat bottom on them. Any input would help thanks
pizer20
Posted 11/16/2020 4:28 PM (#969021 - in reply to #968982)
Subject: Re: Pa fisherman

Of all those lakes and rivers you mentioned, the conemaugh is the only one that you would need the flat bottom boat. You would also need a jet drive motor to fish it.. I would thinlk the deep v with a 20hp would be a better fit Just my opinion
Muskyrookie
Posted 11/16/2020 7:02 PM (#969030 - in reply to #969021)

Thats where I was leaning but figured I'd ask all of you who navigate these waters on boats for your opinion. I kinda figured that the conemaugh might have its really shallow spots like clarion and middle allegheny rivers. Those are all probably better suited for canoe or kayak.
Thanks
7ovr50
Posted 11/17/2020 5:59 AM (#969037 - in reply to #968982)

You are including some larger lakes that can get rough in a flat bottom boat. Imo go with the deep V.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)