Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Rod mounting brackets for a Lund Pro V??

Reply New post
Message Subject: Rod mounting brackets for a Lund Pro V??
muskynut18
Posted 10/2/2020 2:39 PM (#967736)
Subject: Rod mounting brackets for a Lund Pro V??

Hi guys,
I just got my retirement boat... a Lund Pro V and am outfitting it for muskies. I am having a heck of a time finding an aluminum 90 degree bracket that will fit the track on the inner part of the side gunnels. I found a Brocraft bracket that looks like it will do the trick, but in the description it says that it will only fit 1/4" rails. I measured mine and they're more like 3/8". I'm not really looking for a track system, but a bracket that I can mount a single rod holder on. Something like Lunds sport track system, but will fit a Pro V. Thanks, Fred K.
OH Musky
Posted 10/2/2020 6:42 PM (#967754 - in reply to #967736)
Subject: Re: Rod mounting brackets for a Lund Pro V??

I was going to recommend Trackstar by Phischon Engineering but it doesn’t look like they’re in business anymore. That’s a shame. They fit my Lowe gunnel tracks well, just Needed to grind the part of the retaining bolt heads a bit.
butterwheels
Posted 10/3/2020 7:59 AM (#967767 - in reply to #967736)

Cisco makes a bracket for the track. I’ll be getting some for my Pro V soon.
pklingen
Posted 10/3/2020 7:42 PM (#967782 - in reply to #967736)

go to cisco site, get the ones to fit your boat, will last you forever! you'll be able to add rod holders on top of them. i personally favor the fat az holder that adapts to the salty. it's an awesome set-up IMO. good luck......
stdevos
Posted 10/4/2020 7:53 PM (#967823 - in reply to #967736)

You can also make your own for pretty cheap, PM if you are interested and I can provide links. I am using the lund plastic ones for trolling rods but made my own for sucker rod holders, cup holders, and bimini supports.
muskynut18
Posted 10/5/2020 11:32 AM (#967842 - in reply to #967782)

pklingen - 10/3/2020 7:42 PM

go to cisco site, get the ones to fit your boat, will last you forever! you'll be able to add rod holders on top of them. i personally favor the fat az holder that adapts to the salty. it's an awesome set-up IMO. good luck......

Thanks for all of the replies guys! I've looked at the Cisco brackets, but they're more for a track system, and that's not what I'm after. Those gunnels on the Pro V are quite wide, and I'm looking for a bracket that goes to the outside edge (water side) of the boat so I can mount a rod holder out on the end for my down rods. I saw the Fat Az/Down East set up, a buddy has them, and they are quite nice, but again, they're for a track system or direct mount. Plus I've already got several Folbe's and was planning on using them. I did find a brand called Rod Tree. They have something pretty similar to the Brocraft mounts. I emailed them and asked them if they did custom work. I'm thinking of a bracket that looks like an "L" rotated 90 degrees to the right. Hopefully that goes somewhere. Thanks for the input ;0) Fred K.

Edited by muskynut18 10/5/2020 11:34 AM
pklingen
Posted 10/5/2020 6:32 PM (#967855 - in reply to #967736)

i use the individual mounts with the two screw locking system. NOT using a track system. atop that i put the fat az angled bracket faced outward with a downeast attached to hold the rod. i've seen many pro v's with this set-up........get a hold of andy at fat az and i'm sure he can fix you up.

Edited by pklingen 10/5/2020 6:34 PM
mikie
Posted 10/6/2020 5:20 PM (#967888 - in reply to #967736)

Talk to these folks. If they don't have it already, they may be able to make it for you. m

https://www.fatazmusky.com/index.html
7ovr50
Posted 10/16/2020 5:41 AM (#968106 - in reply to #967736)

Cisco Lund brackets will work on your boat. Like pkllingen said many boats in my area use them on Pro Vs. Cisco mounts will work. If you have any questions I suggest you call Cisco (early morning is best) and talk to a rep. I personally ask for Dave Logan. He knows his products and can advise you. Also Cisco will do custom work. I use their mounts with Cisco cradles for trolling. I have eight of their mounts that I use for any application from Musky to walleye trolling. I too have a pair of Fat AZ mounts but I'm not crazy about them because of the limited side adjustment of the down East holder (90,45 or 180 degrees). Your Folbes would be a better holder IMO or the Cisco Down East rod holder This rod holder allows almost unlimited rod angles the same as the Folbe. I have a pair of Down East holders on them and they are great I rarely use the Fat AZ s since I've tried these for Musky.I prefer the unlimited rod adjustment they provide. My Fat A Z holders are now just a back up just in case I need them emergency set up for Musky trolling. Good luck.

Edited by 7ovr50 10/16/2020 3:40 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)