Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> A Muskies Inc question

Message Subject: A Muskies Inc question
esoxaddict
Posted 2/10/2020 6:10 PM (#953671 - in reply to #953670)
Subject: Re: A Muskies Inc question

I think part of the disconnect with the younger folks might just be that they aren't old enough to remember what the fishing was like back in the 70's and into the 80's before M.I. started gaining prevalence and promoting catch and release/stocking/etc.

For those those of us who were fishing back then it's easy to see the value in organizations like M.I. because we've seen what they've accomplished and how it's played out over the years. Maybe for the younger folks, muskie fishing of today just "is", and not much thought is given to why or how it got there.

Now, I'm sure most of these younger folks would rather slit their wrists than sit and listen to some old fart go on about how tough it was "back in the day" when we all had to walk 5 miles uphill in the snow just to get to school, but perhaps a simple reminder of the fact that "You wouldn't be catching muskies here today if not for M.I. and the contributions from their membership..." might be in order.

I was lucky to get into it at an age where I was at least somewhat wise enough to realize that those "old farts" knew a lot more than I did, and that an awful lot of them helped to make those opportunities that I had to go catch these stupid fish.

Maybe the young guys/gals don't even realize that not long ago muskies were shot at the side of the boat and would up in lake Crisco.

Edited by esoxaddict 2/10/2020 6:43 PM
TCESOX
Posted 2/10/2020 8:28 PM (#953675 - in reply to #953671)

esoxaddict - 2/10/2020 6:10 PM

I think part of the disconnect with the younger folks might just be that they aren't old enough to remember what the fishing was like back in the 70's and into the 80's before M.I. started gaining prevalence and promoting catch and release/stocking/etc.

For those those of us who were fishing back then it's easy to see the value in organizations like M.I. because we've seen what they've accomplished and how it's played out over the years. Maybe for the younger folks, muskie fishing of today just "is", and not much thought is given to why or how it got there.

Now, I'm sure most of these younger folks would rather slit their wrists than sit and listen to some old fart go on about how tough it was "back in the day" when we all had to walk 5 miles uphill in the snow just to get to school, but perhaps a simple reminder of the fact that "You wouldn't be catching muskies here today if not for M.I. and the contributions from their membership..." might be in order.

I was lucky to get into it at an age where I was at least somewhat wise enough to realize that those "old farts" knew a lot more than I did, and that an awful lot of them helped to make those opportunities that I had to go catch these stupid fish.

Maybe the young guys/gals don't even realize that not long ago muskies were shot at the side of the boat and would up in lake Crisco.

Good point. Also, I think a lot of these topics just aren't necessarily on younger folks radar yet. I know that during the decade that I owned my first boat, and a few years into my second one, I pretty much was just focused on where and when I was going fishing next, and how was I going to catch fish. Hadn't yet thought much about a bigger picture, so to speak.
Espy
Posted 2/11/2020 2:26 PM (#953698 - in reply to #953656)

Musky Brian - 2/10/2020 11:26 AM

Born - 2/9/2020 1:10 PM

The slowing and stopping of stocking new MN lakes happened shortly after the 54" minimum went into place. IMO if it had stayed at 50 the anti sentiment wouldn't have happened.

Couldn’t disagree any more. That’s a complicated issue with a variety of factors and your reasoning is way too simple. Invasive species, public water access rights, declining fishing of other species, spearing battles, etc...

Pretty odd to me to be critiquing the 54” size limit when the amount of fish caught over 54” in MN (although possibly tapering off) was probably the highest likelihood of that happening anywhere on earth. It clearly worked for what it was intended to do

Absolutely Brian, the slowing and stopping of stocking new MN lakes is not at all due to the 54" minimum set in place. That just happened to happen right before certain individuals decided they wanted to use Muskies as an excuse to remove people's rights to fish certain (their) lakes. A handful of people with money used their influence to push these subjects and force the DNR into a position where they needed to pause their plans. You'd be surprised as to how much money has been donated to fight poor legislation.
chuckski
Posted 2/13/2020 6:35 PM (#953746 - in reply to #952940)

Well as far as starting a new Muskie club or any club for that matter you have to be careful how you draw it up as far as being a non profit , Charging dues, getting donations and donating money for muskies . and on and on.
medy
Posted 2/17/2020 9:29 AM (#953826 - in reply to #952942)

sukrchukr - 1/25/2020 8:33 AM

Ive noticed the same thing. I think some of them are too busy editing their footage for the you tube channel they are trying to get going. Where they can proudly hold up a 33"er for the camera....or spend 8 minutes getting the boat positioned correctly for the perfect camera angle before settting the hook with live bait......
maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, just had to vent a little

This quote helps summarize why I think younger people are turned off. When I got into muskie fishing I got most of my information from the internet. When I click a discussion thread hat I think might be interesting such as this one, and the third comment on the thread is as such, I immediately lose all interest in the topic. Most of the younger generation get their info from lurking forums and watching youtube videos. Comments like this, in my opinion, do nothing but turn us off from wanting to come out and participate in a club. First impressions and what not. While perfectly valid opinions, you have to remember that "33 incher" might be the video youtube recommends to a kid to watch which gets a kid interested in muskie fishing.

While not applicable in Canada, I also feel that the comments made regarding a generational separation from the pre-stocking days probably plays a part. I have only ever known good fishing thanks to catch and release regulations in NWO, I imagine many other people my age would have a hard time relating to things such as stocking programs as we simply weren't a part of the old scene before many lakes were at their current state. I have read many a thread on here discussing how many of the lakes in the US are now on par with Canada, where Canada used to be held at a prestigious level.
RobertK
Posted 2/18/2020 9:01 AM (#953879 - in reply to #953826)

Medy and others,

You're not the only one that winced a bit when you read that post. I'm not in the younger crowd, but I thought that post was a little unfair as well. To be honest, I love that young folks are interested enough in the sport to spend time editing their YouTube footage. Even I, in my dotage (I'm 48), spend a lot of time on YouTube maintaining my muskie fishing enthusiasm over the winter!

The crews at Burnin Eights, Today's Angler, and Doug Wegner are doing a fantastic job building exposure to our sport. My son is 18, and he is FAR more likely to be watching YouTube than watching television. From what I can tell, some of these muskie channels on YouTube have more subscribers than, for instance, Musky Hunter magazine. I know that is comparing apples to oranges, but it is something to think about.

ToddM
Posted 2/18/2020 10:11 AM (#953881 - in reply to #952940)

Agree, the get the hell off my lawn mentality won't work. Get on my lawn let's hear some ideas on how to make is greener.
tolle141
Posted 2/18/2020 10:03 PM (#953917 - in reply to #952940)

Competing priorities (demanding careers, family, hobbies), declining participation in outdoor activities, and general lack of awareness.

If you make participation easier and make a big awareness push, you'll probably see improved attendance. An example would be the Twin Cities Chapter summer league. By adopting a digital format, they increased regular participation from less than a dozen anglers to >40 participants this last year. Key is flexibility - participants have the whole week to check in instead of having to make a pre-set time during the week. I travel 25-75% of the time for my career and this is the ONLY format that works for me.
Sidejack
Posted 2/21/2020 6:52 AM (#954026 - in reply to #952940)

1) People love easy.
2) You don't change people, the business model/system has to change. I think public schools figured that out back in the 30's/40's.
MKevin
Posted 6/25/2020 10:44 AM (#962677 - in reply to #952940)

Sorry for the bump but I thought more opinions the better from the age bracket you're looking expand.

Im 39 years old and I've been interested in Musky fishing for quite awhile before actually getting serious about it a couple years ago. I've pretty much seen all the Muskie videos on you tube, read every article there is and Im not sure I've been pitched once by any of the pros to join.

Im only aware of MI's existance mostly from reading message boards when it's usually mentionned but not sold. Not only Am I vaguely aware of MI, Im totally in the dark as what is expected from me as a member.

I have the money to pay a yearly fee but I really dont have time to commit to frequent in-person meetings.

If you're looking to get younger people to commit, I think you should find a way to deliver speaking events online for certain price. While I dont have time to go to the actual event in person, I probably wouldnt mind paying for the online webinar as I could watch it at a convenient time.

While Im not qualified to make Muskie instructionnal video's I would gladly do so so MI can sell them online, maybe thats just me but its worth asking around to guys who are expert Muskie fisherman and members of the club. It's one way to contribute without missing time on the water, win/win.

Get some youtube guys with alot of subs to promote you, their followers would buy anything these guys tells them to Im sure you'd get a fair amount of newcomers that way.

In think in person meetings and events is going to be a hard sell going foward IMHO
CincySkeez
Posted 6/25/2020 11:28 AM (#962678 - in reply to #962677)

Honestly, the in person meetings are my favorite part. You get to learn so much more in casual conversation. Have a beverage or two if you are inclined to do so.

Another benefit is fishing partners, last weekend I was able to meet up with MI members on Cass, whom I had never fished with before, but was able to connect with through MI and this website.
Rob C
Posted 6/25/2020 11:58 AM (#962685 - in reply to #952940)

I am in the 25-45 year old demographic and have been a Muskies Inc. member for 10 years.

I don't attend the in person meetings anymore, at least when they held them before COVID. So much information is available online these days that the seminars etc. are redundant. Meeting face to face does have its advantages, but when your juggling school, work, family and other personal activities it becomes harder to justify going out to a MI meeting when that time could be spent more productively.

I do think recruitment of my generation and future generations is very important, not just for the future of MI, but for the future of the resource as well. MI needs to improve its marketing to reach a wider audience. Occasional mentions on social media by sponsored influencers and sports show booths are not enough. I would like to see more public engagement and if funding allows TV and radio commercials! Those influencers who are sponsored by MI should also make it more public in their programming, and MI should also sponsor more of those with a social media following.
sworrall
Posted 6/25/2020 12:53 PM (#962693 - in reply to #952940)

I'm the VP of marketing and communications for MI now, elected a couple weeks ago. I have been running the MI Facebook page for a couple years, and have grown the page to over 39000 following. One of the many projects we are undertaking is dramatically increasing the social media communication between MI, the Chapters, and the general fishing public, targeting all anglers who fish muskies.

MI has received a directive from the IRS to significantly increase emphasis on all Chapter MI websites, in the magazine and on social, actively promoting Fisheries, Research, and Youth activities, the cornerstones of the organization. That's our committee's focus for a couple weeks, after which we will be undertaking a new outreach program designed to engage, educate, entertain, and inform.

I appreciate your comments and will certainly add them to the discussion.

Esox Chaos
Posted 7/8/2020 1:49 PM (#963172 - in reply to #952940)

I'm 46 and been fishing for muskies for about 26 years or so. I have never joined a MI club, and probably never will. I don't like that they gave a truckload of money to Keyes Outdoors to film the PMTT. Let the PMTT figure out how to get their tournament on TV

Also, when hot water fishing was clearly killing muskies. For the longest time it seemed MI had their head in the sand on the issue. Seems they might not now, but that rubbed me the wrong way for a "conservation" group.

Lastly, it seems they promote points and competing and chest thumping. Hey, I'm all for a tournament and social outing that involves fishing. It should be fun, right! However, the season long points thing seems to promote fishing hot water, cheating, lying etc.

Most of this is my perspective as an outsider. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't care. My perception is what is keeping me out of it.

All this just rubs me the wrong way. I'm all about conservation. I've not seen a lot from MI that would show me otherwise!
happy hooker
Posted 7/8/2020 6:03 PM (#963194 - in reply to #963172)

MI doesn't do anything for conservation???
The tags mi buys for the dnr to monitor fish
The fish they buy from fish farms to complete the dnr stocking quota when their short.I
The minnows they buy for the dnr rearing ponds when needed
The push to increase size limits so it's almost impossible to keep a fish
The very first organization to promote catch and release,,not trout unlimited not BASS.
How many many MI tournaments have been canceled because of water temps

How does having a members only year long fishing contest promote cheating??? There's nothing to win except maybe a wood plaque.

Edited by happy hooker 7/8/2020 6:08 PM
sworrall
Posted 8/11/2020 3:29 PM (#965149 - in reply to #963172)

Esox Chaos - 7/8/2020 1:49 PM

I'm 46 and been fishing for muskies for about 26 years or so. I have never joined a MI club, and probably never will. I don't like that they gave a truckload of money to Keyes Outdoors to film the PMTT. Let the PMTT figure out how to get their tournament on TV

Also, when hot water fishing was clearly killing muskies. For the longest time it seemed MI had their head in the sand on the issue. Seems they might not now, but that rubbed me the wrong way for a "conservation" group.

Lastly, it seems they promote points and competing and chest thumping. Hey, I'm all for a tournament and social outing that involves fishing. It should be fun, right! However, the season long points thing seems to promote fishing hot water, cheating, lying etc.

Most of this is my perspective as an outsider. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't care. My perception is what is keeping me out of it.

All this just rubs me the wrong way. I'm all about conservation. I've not seen a lot from MI that would show me otherwise!

Lots of misinformation here, please get your facts straight before leveling accusations. Maybe you are wrong on some issues, for sure you are on Keys Outdoors. You should care if you are wrong if you care about muskie fishing.
North of 8
Posted 8/11/2020 3:50 PM (#965151 - in reply to #965149)

Gosh, I just got an email from a MI club (not a member), about taking kids fishing, asking for support. Great activity and I know it is not the only one they do.
ToddM
Posted 8/12/2020 1:00 AM (#965170 - in reply to #963172)

Esox Chaos - 7/8/2020 1:49 PM

The whole point of the contest is to build a musky fishing database for club members to use. It's an honor system so it's on the membership to be honest. Is it perfect, no but the more fish the more reliable the information. It's a perk to the membership. Needs to be marketed better but it's a giant database that's taken countless hours to compile.

Edited by ToddM 8/12/2020 1:02 AM
RJ_692
Posted 8/12/2020 7:42 AM (#965174 - in reply to #952940)

I think it will be tougher for any types of clubs going forward. In my particular case i have been an on/off member of MI over the years. I felt compelled to be a member in part to help the conservation / education aspects, but there is not really a close local chapter and I quite honestly wouldn't have time to volunteer much to it.

I'll be curious how the MN membership holds as the easy fishing cycles of the stocking programs decline, and are back to fishing the established or newly established populations (goal of mn stocking programs). As we move back to the fish of 10K casts, I think we will see a shift away from the overall bandwagon popularity.

The overall elitist attitude of the Musky community rubs a lot of people the wrong way (at least in the areas of MN i fish), and drumming up public support is going to be more challenging than ever. During some of the peak years of the stocking program it was not uncommon to see 2/3 of the boats at a ramp to be out of state. While this was good for some of the local economies in part, a lot of local fisherman were rubbed the wrong way by out of state guides and fisherman. There were a lot of relatively small lakes that really got pounded and really may never recover from that. You can see how some one who volunteers time on local stocking, helping DNR with assessments, education etc...might be a little worn out too

Hopefully MI can keep going. But i think its going to be really challenging.
vegas492
Posted 8/12/2020 8:51 AM (#965179 - in reply to #952940)

Just speaking for the Milwaukee Chapter here....

COVID has hit us hard.

We have had to cancel our usual fundraisers this year. Our only fundraiser came from helping promote the Ranger boat from the Alliance. I believe we were able to net out a couple hundred dollars.

We usually have a great spring tournament (Pewaukee Classic). Big Brothers/Big Sisters outing, Vets Outing, Women's Tournament, Chapter outings/Challenges....etc.

But not this year. Maybe we can still run an event or two.

And this year we went in on a project with Muskellunge Club of Wisconsin (great organization) and we ordered up some tags to get into fish so we could study migration within a local "chain" of lakes.
Along with our usual stocking efforts, as allowed by the DNR.

I guess my point is this...COVID put a halt to what we could do and we've had to be very, very budget conscious over this, as we get ZERO revenue for our club from the membership dues. We rely on our fundraisers and those in-person meeting to help cover costs and keep us doing what we want to do.

It's an odd year for our club, but hopefully we can finish strong and set ourselves up for a good 2021.

And if you do fish muskies around Milwaukee? Please look at joining, our seminars in January and February are top notch and that alone is worth your membership. Thankfully our venue, Machine Shed, has not charged us for the space, as we usually eat and drink enough to make it worthwhile to them. So if you find yourself at the Machine Shed, please pass along your thanks to them. They've been a great partner.
banditman
Posted 8/12/2020 10:31 AM (#965183 - in reply to #952940)
Subject: RE: A Muskies Inc question

I haven't been on this forum in over a year so forgive me on  getting in on this so late. I'm 46 and have been a member of MI for the last 20 years. The problem I see with the organization is its lack of visibility to the general fishing public. Most musky people know about MI, but outside our small community, most dont know we exist. There are plenty of regional fishing shows that we all watch, but rarely hear a peep about MI on them. Why is that?

Where is the social media presence for MI?The  POTUS is on Twitter every day because he know that its an effective form of modern communication.  Why is MI not doing the same thing. There are so many social media platforms out there and if MI is on them, this longtime member has not been able to find them. And its not just enough to have the pages set up. They must be maintained to be effective. This means almost daily updates or they wont be noticed.  Again look at the POTUS, if he tweeted once a month people would forget about it. He tweets daily and people are waiting for that tweet, they cant get enough of it.  Good or bad, they are all over it because they are hooked on it.   

If MI wants to keep going, they need to step up their game when it comes to modern communication.  If they want to just stay with the "older" crown , then keep doing what the same old thing. If you want to reach that younger generation, you have to go the the places they hang out. Those younger people we so desperately want to join our ranks, are not just going to stumble into that old VFW hall and sit down for a meeting. 

I guess what i'm getting at is this. MI needs to get with the times. Go to the people you want to be involved, dont just hope they come to you. Use the media platforms your target is using to get your message out. Dont believe that they will just come because you are there.  And lastly, be aggressive in the campaign. once a month tweets dont work, but daily posts and tweets will get peoples attention.

sworrall
Posted 8/12/2020 12:17 PM (#965187 - in reply to #965183)
Subject: RE: A Muskies Inc question

banditman - 8/12/2020 10:31 AM

I haven't been on this forum in over a year so forgive me on  getting in on this so late. I'm 46 and have been a member of MI for the last 20 years. The problem I see with the organization is its lack of visibility to the general fishing public. Most musky people know about MI, but outside our small community, most dont know we exist. There are plenty of regional fishing shows that we all watch, but rarely hear a peep about MI on them. Why is that?

Where is the social media presence for MI?The  POTUS is on Twitter every day because he know that its an effective form of modern communication.  Why is MI not doing the same thing. There are so many social media platforms out there and if MI is on them, this longtime member has not been able to find them. And its not just enough to have the pages set up. They must be maintained to be effective. This means almost daily updates or they wont be noticed.  Again look at the POTUS, if he tweeted once a month people would forget about it. He tweets daily and people are waiting for that tweet, they cant get enough of it.  Good or bad, they are all over it because they are hooked on it.   

If MI wants to keep going, they need to step up their game when it comes to modern communication.  If they want to just stay with the "older" crown , then keep doing what the same old thing. If you want to reach that younger generation, you have to go the the places they hang out. Those younger people we so desperately want to join our ranks, are not just going to stumble into that old VFW hall and sit down for a meeting. 

I guess what i'm getting at is this. MI needs to get with the times. Go to the people you want to be involved, dont just hope they come to you. Use the media platforms your target is using to get your message out. Dont believe that they will just come because you are there.  And lastly, be aggressive in the campaign. once a month tweets dont work, but daily posts and tweets will get peoples attention.

I manage the Facebook account for MI including an ad buy every month. MI Facebook has grown to 40,353 and engagement has been great. I do this free of charge completely aside from my new position as MI VP Communications/Marketing. I can manage the FB and perhaps Instagram, but can't commit the time to take care of other platforms at no charge ( OFM manages 58 social pages a day). I suppose I could task the Communications committee to look for a volunteer. I'll see what I can do.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Untitled.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Untitled.jpg (88KB - 388 downloads)
ToddM
Posted 8/12/2020 5:44 PM (#965207 - in reply to #952940)

I understand what banditman it saying. It seems like when we foot our horn it's for our membership to hear. To get outside of that, it's on all of us. You can invite someone to join the page or just be a good ambassador and tell people about the great things we do and offer. Sport shows can help if you can gain the audience. We need to get into other publications, FB pages whereby our accomplishments can he heard. That's not on one or two people. That's what we all can do. I am always amazed when I see pics of muskies from people who live close to our club or clubs in the fibland area that aren't members and might not even know we exist.

Edited by ToddM 8/12/2020 5:46 PM
14ledo81
Posted 8/13/2020 6:41 AM (#965214 - in reply to #952940)

Bandtiman also said "most musky people know about MI". I think he is correct there. I didn't know about MI some years back, but when I started fishing muskies again (5-7 years ago), I did learn about them. Mostly from Keyes shows.

Either way, if "most musky people know about MI", MI is doing a pretty good job at its target audience. If someone is not a "musky person", do they really want to join anyway?
ToddM
Posted 8/13/2020 3:44 PM (#965252 - in reply to #965214)

14ledo81 - 8/13/2020 6:41 AM

Bandtiman also said "most musky people know about MI". I think he is correct there. I didn't know about MI some years back, but when I started fishing muskies again (5-7 years ago), I did learn about them. Mostly from Keyes shows.

Either way, if "most musky people know about MI", MI is doing a pretty good job at its target audience. If someone is not a "musky person", do they really want to join anyway?

No they don't need to join but the message needs to go out to everyone, everywhere it can. Definitely need more writeups submitted by our memberships on the greater good we do for youth and fisheries some of it in general not just musky related. In doing this it becomes much easier to fundraise outside of our musky bubble as well as support and even attendance at our banquets and other gatherings that might make money. Imagine if every person affected by what they do have back a little, a gift certificate to a restaurant, a lure put to a bunch of them for a raffle prize anything really.. Think of how much more could be raised. Don't even have to be a member to do that. The money we raise in fibland and the things we buy for the DNR for all fisheries benefit should be known. Every stocked fish of every species and their descendants we have put our mark.

Edited by ToddM 8/13/2020 3:49 PM
vegas492
Posted 8/14/2020 8:53 AM (#965279 - in reply to #952940)

So....what was posted about Social Media was correct...but...times are changing.
With Steve on the Board, communication is going to continue to get better and better. We've seen it already.

I feel like Muskies Inc has JUST gotten with the times. There will be more good communication coming. Thanks to Steve.
ToddM
Posted 8/14/2020 9:28 AM (#965280 - in reply to #965279)

vegas492 - 8/14/2020 8:53 AM

So....what was posted about Social Media was correct...but...times are changing.
With Steve on the Board, communication is going to continue to get better and better. We've seen it already.

I feel like Muskies Inc has JUST gotten with the times. There will be more good communication coming. Thanks to Steve.

I agree, let's hope the 2nd attempt at getting MI into this century works, the first guy was run out on a rail but that old guard good ole boys club is hopefully gone.
14ledo81
Posted 8/14/2020 1:45 PM (#965306 - in reply to #965252)

ToddM - 8/13/2020 3:44 PM

No they don't need to join but the message needs to go out to everyone, everywhere it can. Definitely need more writeups submitted by our memberships on the greater good we do for youth and fisheries some of it in general not just musky related. In doing this it becomes much easier to fundraise outside of our musky bubble as well as support and even attendance at our banquets and other gatherings that might make money. Imagine if every person affected by what they do have back a little, a gift certificate to a restaurant, a lure put to a bunch of them for a raffle prize anything really.. Think of how much more could be raised. Don't even have to be a member to do that. The money we raise in fibland and the things we buy for the DNR for all fisheries benefit should be known. Every stocked fish of every species and their descendants we have put our mark.

I disagree. "everyone, everywhere" would be a waste of time and resource (IMO).

I'm not saying a more "modern" view wouldn't be helpful, but in all reality MI is targeting a very specific (smallish) group of people.
sworrall
Posted 8/14/2020 1:45 PM (#965307 - in reply to #965280)

ToddM - 8/14/2020 9:28 AM

vegas492 - 8/14/2020 8:53 AM

I agree, let's hope the 2nd attempt at getting MI into this century works, the first guy was run out on a rail but that old guard good ole boys club is hopefully gone.

At this weeks Executive Committee meeting I asked each rep and officer in attendance to look this thread over. I am sure most will.
ToddM
Posted 8/14/2020 2:45 PM (#965313 - in reply to #965306)

14ledo81 - 8/14/2020 1:45 PM

ToddM - 8/13/2020 3:44 PM

I disagree. "everyone, everywhere" would be a waste of time and resource (IMO).

I'm not saying a more "modern" view wouldn't be helpful, but in all reality MI is targeting a very specific (smallish) group of people.

I will still disagree especially when it comes to the youth side. Because of our partnership with a youth organization that we support and take them on outings, we get support, merchandise and attendance at our banquet from people outside of fishing all together. I know the chapter in or near Sheboygan has a banquet that receives tremendous support from the community in attendance and merchandise.

Edited by ToddM 8/14/2020 2:47 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)