Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> mikie's MN trip - part 1

Message Subject: mikie's MN trip - part 1
mikie
Posted 6/18/2019 9:28 AM (#940953)
Subject: mikie's MN trip - part 1

Thanks, first of all, to the folks here and my friends Lazer and Papa Joe for all the help, advice, and support. I fished Bald Eagle Sunday the 9th, found many cabbage beds. I find one fellow anchored off a reef for the 4 hrs I was there, said he'd seen a large one but the bite last two days has been tough.
On advice, I headed to Mille Lacs' Isle Bay Monday. Around 11:00 I had a good one come out of the reeds into the wind current and hit at my Muskie Treats. Hit at it 3 times, went around and came up on it like it was lunch. Whether it saw me, my boat, or smelled my fart, it suddenly turned off right at the strike. I went back on it 3 different times, no show.When I went back a fourth time, at 1 pm, there was a Lund sitting on the spot, fighting my fish. Four guys with cane poles trolling spoons for pikes got her to eat. When they were done abusing the fish, it came out 47". I aided in the release. Nothing else moving after that.
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/qRWGs86Z/DSCN0980.jpg[/img]bbva compass locations map

Second day, I went back. Had to. Got a football sized walleye on a Treats right out of the inlet. No 'eye sticker and I had no idea what the current regs were so it went back. *sniff*. The wind really picked up so I moved to the other side of the causeway. I drifted a weedline with a Treats and got near the end. Put down the rod to pee. Sitting in my chair with my feet on the gunnel filling up my little jug when I saw between my feet a muskie come out from under the boat. It looked around, and turned back. And I'm sitting there literally with my d*ck in my hand. Bait hanging off the bow. Went back several rimes, finally boated a 29 inch pike.
I didn't go back Wednesday. I heard later that a large >50 fish had been caught at one of the spots I'd been on the last two days. More later, m
ToothyCritter
Posted 6/18/2019 12:07 PM (#940961 - in reply to #940953)
Subject: Re: mikie's MN trip - part 1

Fun to read and thanks for sharing.. Had a good laugh. R U sure it was the treat hanging over the bow?
ECIRANDYPRICE
Posted 6/18/2019 3:36 PM (#940973 - in reply to #940953)

Enjoyed the read. Sorry for the bad luck. sounds like many of my fishing trips!
mikie
Posted 6/18/2019 5:29 PM (#940977 - in reply to #940973)

Hey, I'm lucky to get to go to see these fish. Amazing critters, they are.

Wednesday, I went to Waconia.I got lost twice, maybe three times, and mis-directed once. Finally launched and the wind was blowing across the lake. I found a reed bed to drift and went quite a ways in very shallow, rocky water. Kinda like fishing the WV rivers back home. Got abt halfway to the island and said the chop was too much, trailer time.
Went tui Independence. I like that place. Nice weedbeds all over the upper part, didn't move a thing. I didn't get to fish again until Sunday when I hit Bald Eagle on my way out of town. I didn't see a fish but got to spend my Fathers Day on a fine little lake on a beautiful day. Then drive 6 hrs to the Wis border. Good trip, not a great one as far as the fishing. The Blue Ox Fest I attended made up for a lot of it, tho. m
tenthousandand1
Posted 6/21/2019 6:58 AM (#941078 - in reply to #940953)

This is a great read Mike. I drove a couple of hours at 3 AM on Father's Day as well to catch a few pike and watch Muskies not eat. But it was a GREAT day. I enjoyed the morning drive, sunrise and being on the water.
The grind is real, but you can't catch them from the living room. Sounds like you had a full trip.
Darryl
Medford Fisher
Posted 6/25/2019 11:19 PM (#941338 - in reply to #940953)

Awesome read...fun and honest report of how musky fishing trips can go sometimes. Love how you see the positives in all of it...life is good. Hope all is well, Mikie.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)