Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> It’s about the fish!

Message Subject: It’s about the fish!
Walleyedoctor
Posted 4/14/2019 9:47 PM (#935585)
Subject: It’s about the fish!

Congratulations to the PMTT fisherman at Cave Run. I found it refreshing to view the photos of the weekend: here is a tournament fished by my friends and neighbors. The photos posted were about the fish, not displaying product endorsement on every inch of clothing with perfectly choreographed images.
I realize that there are the muskie professionals who make money off of the sport. But I don’t believe they can feed their families just on endorsements and earnings from tournaments as in other species circuits? The ones who make it are grinding out a living guiding, making and selling basement production baits, and year round promotion, with little to no endorsements for tournaments.
How many have zero endorsements and enter these tournaments with there own money, boats, and equipment because of a passion for the sport? I applaud you! This is in no to demean those who have endorsements but it shows how down to earth our passion really is.
I love this sport/passion/addiction! You fellow muskie fisherman are why I buy the basement production baits, Mom and Pop tackle, support muskie shops and shows, and hire guides to improve my techniques. I live and die with you through these tournaments and wish I could drink a cold one with each and every one of you to thank you for showing that with muskie fishing “it’s about the fish!”
jdsplasher
Posted 4/14/2019 9:53 PM (#935586 - in reply to #935585)
Subject: RE: It’s about the fish!

^^^^^Perfectly said Dean^^^^^^^
miket55
Posted 4/14/2019 11:44 PM (#935590 - in reply to #935585)
Subject: Re: It’s about the fish!

Indeed..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)