Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Rail Mount rod holders

Reply New post
Message Subject: Rail Mount rod holders
ToothyCritter
Posted 4/2/2019 8:44 AM (#934391)
Subject: Rail Mount rod holders

Before I pull the trigger on purchasing the Down Easter D-14's I do need to know if these can be quickly removed. My only concern is not having a quick dis connect for the rod holder itself and I cannot tell if this model has that. I also like the idea of having a rocket launch holder for quick runs and an out of the way rod & reel spot instead of the boat deck. Internet shopping has it's limitations..

My thinking is having a quick removal for extra room during a fish fight and getting the holder out of the way for the netman as well.

If anyone has any suggestions on other set up ideas. please let me know. I thought about the track where the holders slide in. There are so many choices it can get confusing, it's a new boat and I don't want to mess this up.

Currently the boat has no rails or track.
muskyhunter07
Posted 4/2/2019 8:57 AM (#934393 - in reply to #934391)
Subject: Re: Rail Mount rod holders

Why would you remove the rod holder when fighting a fish? I have downeaster's on rails and also rocket launcher/ Folbe combinations. I've never had to remove a rod holder while fighting a fish. Been trolling for many years.
muskyhunter07
Posted 4/2/2019 9:02 AM (#934394 - in reply to #934391)

Tracks are better then rails for sure. they lay flat and you can slide different combinations of rod trees/ holders into them and also distance them at varying positions very easily. you can change your rod spread for different applications faster and easier with tracks, but tracks and track hardware costs more then a rail setup. Another factor is with tracks you can remove the trolling devices and basically have a nice flush gunnel to still fit your factory cover with no issues.

Edited by muskyhunter07 4/2/2019 9:56 AM
ToothyCritter
Posted 4/2/2019 9:02 AM (#934395 - in reply to #934391)

Perhaps I overthink things MH07. Been known to do that from time to time so I reached out here for help..
Pat Hoolihan
Posted 4/2/2019 9:22 AM (#934397 - in reply to #934391)

Dont make it harder than it has to be. Been running Folbe's on rails for some time now and I can't complain.
ToothyCritter
Posted 4/2/2019 10:48 AM (#934401 - in reply to #934391)

I do like the idea of the tracks and being able to quickly slide off the holders. I need to check where the bimini top hardware is located. That might help or even make up my mind for me.. I have not taken delivery from the dealership yet and want them to add either rails or tracks. I do not drill holes in boats. I'll leave that to the pros.

Thanks for the ideas.
muskyhunter07
Posted 4/2/2019 11:35 AM (#934403 - in reply to #934401)

You will love tracks. They are the most versatile option available. Cisco or Traxstech have some great products.
Lucky Craft Man
Posted 4/2/2019 11:48 AM (#934405 - in reply to #934391)
Subject: RE: Rail Mount rod holders

I would highly recommend tracks even though I had to go with rails on my boat (my gunnel was too narrow for tracks). I bought my rod holders through Fat AZ Products. They talked me through all my options and everything else to get the right fit. Here my trolling rod holder set-up (on rails, but they make the same rod holders for tracks).

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Rod Holders.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rod Holders.JPG (137KB - 376 downloads)
ToothyCritter
Posted 4/2/2019 12:28 PM (#934410 - in reply to #934391)
Subject: RE: Rail Mount rod holders

Thanks for sharing. Sweet set up and i love the look of the steel.

The Traxtech sure look nice as well and for me that's the direction I'm going to go with. Thanks again for the help everyone..

Just as matter of talking with the dealership now and laying out a game plan. They have some picture on their site as well to help..

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(rangertraks3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rangertraks3.jpg (18KB - 357 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)