Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Navigation: Moose Lake, Sawyer County Wisconsin

Message Subject: Navigation: Moose Lake, Sawyer County Wisconsin
VMS
Posted 2/11/2019 11:22 AM (#930509)
Subject: Navigation: Moose Lake, Sawyer County Wisconsin

Hi Everyone,

Still researching different bodies of water and Moose has always intrigued me. Little bigger water than what I have fished toward Mellen area and was wondering how navigational hazards are in the lake.

Lake is shallow for what I am used to overall. Navionics online is not showing much, and I don't have access at this point to my lakemaster graph on my Locator.

Any insights on travel on the lake?

I'm sure I will be asking more questions about the area. Will be exploring new waters from what I usually have done...

Thanks!!
Espy
Posted 2/11/2019 3:44 PM (#930559 - in reply to #930509)
Subject: Re: Navigation: Moose Lake, Sawyer County Wisconsin

Depends on the year, I know the water level changes (naturally and human-controlled). The "main paths" on the lake are clear, when you get shallower you gotta take it slow, lots of rocks and dead heads. They lowered it a few years ago for some bridge work upstream, not sure where it's at now. Fun lake though!
On the ice
Posted 2/15/2019 6:49 PM (#930914 - in reply to #930509)
Subject: Re: Navigation: Moose Lake, Sawyer County Wisconsin

Moose is almost always at full pool, except after the second weekend in October. They draw Moose down about 4 to 5 feet, after that. Almost all rock piles are marked with bouys. Although, there are a few that arent. Big stumps, dead heads not so much. Nav maps are fairly accurate. Very little in the submerged veg deptartmnt. Relatively quiet lake, holidays can be busy, but not as bad as most. Numbers lake for sure. Lots of high 30s to low 40s... dark stained water, lots of figure 8 fish. Blk and orange anything
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)