Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cedar Lake, Ontario Resort

Message Subject: Cedar Lake, Ontario Resort
madmurph
Posted 11/4/2018 7:04 PM (#922600)
Subject: Cedar Lake, Ontario Resort

What is your favorite resort on Cedar, and what summer month is best for fishing? I think one of the resorts is on an island accessible by boat. This one would not interest me.
mahnkal
Posted 11/5/2018 11:09 AM (#922650 - in reply to #922600)
Subject: RE: Cedar Lake, Ontario Resort

Cedar lake lodge, Al the owner is a great guy, billy the deck hand will always keep you entertained and make sure you have everything you need. Al will also help put you on fish as he is very knowledgeable of the watershed. overall great place.
Mojo1269
Posted 11/5/2018 11:24 AM (#922656 - in reply to #922600)
Subject: RE: Cedar Lake, Ontario Resort

I have stayed at 3 of them.

Cedar Lake Lodge (on the Island) is the place you want to be if you have never fished the lake. Al and his staff actually fish on the lake often and can get you up to date insight. I understand not wanting to stay on an island but it's worth thinking about. None of the ramps are great but Al's place has the best of the 3 I have stayed on.

Clarks (on the south end) has the nicest cabins and some (if not all) have AC. They run the minnow business in the area so you get free bait if you do any walleye fishing. You will get woke up (if you are a late riser) by there planes taking off every morning. The dock area is a little shallow and you are on the far south end of the west side of the lake. The landing (if you can call it that) is not the best. You will burn more gas being here.

Darren & Merri's Cedar Lake Camp. Decent Cabins, accommodating hosts. The dock I was on was great (deep water solid construction) but I heard some grumbling in camp about the docks on the other side. I don't recall the issue though. When I went the launch was bad. My Ranger (as well as many others boats)got stuck on a mound of silt that remained from people power launching their boat. When I took out at the end of the week I used my trolling motor to get near my trailer and still bottomed the TM out with it raised about as high as it could be and still work. Hopefully, they address that in the spring.

Like anything else, they all have there plus and minuses but I would stay at any of those 3 again without hesitation. I have not stayed at Keystone, which intrigues me as it is the only resort on the east side which is nice....but the 8 mile one lane road to get there does not appeal to me. There is one other place (the name escapes me) near the Times Square area and I do not have any feedback good or bad about that one.

Edited by Mojo1269 11/5/2018 2:50 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)