Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Dave Dorazio to be inducted into Fishing HOF

Message Subject: Dave Dorazio to be inducted into Fishing HOF
mdorazio
Posted 10/4/2018 3:18 PM (#920193)
Subject: Dave Dorazio to be inducted into Fishing HOF

It is my honor to announce, my Dad, longtime Chippewa Flowage musky fishing guide, Dave Dorazio, has been inducted into the 2019 class of the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame.

Dave’s guiding career started in the 1960’s at his parents’ resort
(Arrow Resort) located near what is now called Dorazio Bay on the Chippewa Flowage near Hayward, WI. He started making a name for himself as a fishing guide on the Chippewa Flowage early on and was asked to keep his boat at the prestigious Herman's Landing Resort Guides' dock when he was only 18 years old. At the time, he was by far the youngest out of all the guides who kept their boat there.

Dave was one of the early pioneers of catching and releasing muskies, which he started promoting in the 1970’s.

He is the former owner of the Eddie Bait Co., and of Dorazio Tackle Co., makers of the first marabou bucktail, Bootails. During the time Dave owned these 2 companies, Eddie Baits and Bootails were staples in every musky fisherman's tackle box.

Dave was one of the guides that was featured in the popular musky fishing book “Musky Mastery: The Techniques of Top Guides”.

Dave is a field editor for Musky Hunter Magazine, as well as an instructor at the University of Esox Musky schools.

During the hardwater seasons, Dave was a much sought-after speaker for
many sports shows and musky clubs in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois.

Dave has been featured on regional outdoor radio shows and regional TV shows like "Discover Wisconsin".

Dave's clients would tell you that he is not just a fishing guide, but a great teacher of fishing who is willing to share his immense knowledge.

Congratulations Dad on your induction into the Fishing Hall of Fame!

Mike Dorazio
happy hooker
Posted 10/4/2018 3:58 PM (#920195 - in reply to #920193)
Subject: RE: Dave Dorazio to be inducted into Fishing HOF

Great news great guy!!!
One of the original suick masters,,,I've seen hundreds of seminars in my life and Dave ranks in the top
FYGR8
Posted 10/4/2018 6:17 PM (#920203 - in reply to #920193)

Great guy!! Congrats Dave!
Jeff Hanson
Posted 10/5/2018 4:45 PM (#920348 - in reply to #920203)

Congrats to your dad. Tell him Hi for me.
I always enjoyed talking to him at the musky shows years ago. One of the nicest guys I've met in this industry.
He also made me some killer baits that put a lot of fish in the boat for me.
A lot of my clients have always had great things to say about the times they had fished with him also.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Emptynet
Posted 10/5/2018 8:52 PM (#920366 - in reply to #920193)

Congratulations Dave. Hard to believe it's been over 9 yrs since I fished with you. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)