Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Net Size

Message Subject: Net Size
Kirby Budrow
Posted 3/4/2020 8:31 AM (#955398 - in reply to #955388)
Subject: Re: Net Size

Powercatch is great. I've had fish up to 56 inches in it. I wouldn't mind having a big kahuna though. Main thing is to have a handle with a stopper so you don't over extend it. I know some of the above mentioned do not have that. I've also seen other net's handles bend. Not cool.
gregk9
Posted 3/4/2020 11:54 AM (#955410 - in reply to #955374)

muskyhunter07 - 3/3/2020 11:52 AM

Frabil big kahuna only net you'll ever need. These fish can relax inside the bag and reduce stress. not to mention we put several mid fifty inch fish in the bag and there's plenty of room.

The Kahuna and power catch are off the table for me. My fishing buddy (wife) is gone now so I'll be fishing solo and need a lighter net to use with one arm with a jacked up elbow.
tolle141
Posted 3/4/2020 1:17 PM (#955414 - in reply to #909310)

Interested to handle these. I like a little competition in the event that I have to replace my Drifter XXL, though the only way I see that happening is if I drop it overboard or run over with a truck. That thing is BUILT and swallows 50's
sworrall
Posted 3/5/2020 3:35 PM (#955455 - in reply to #955414)

Here's the new Clam net, from panfish to muskie.

See the article and video HERE!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Clam_Nets_Pricing.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments
Clam_Nets_Pricing.png (643KB - 562 downloads)
North of 8
Posted 3/5/2020 4:29 PM (#955458 - in reply to #955455)

If I am comparing apples to apples, the largest Clam net is quite a bit lighter than the Power Catch. Interested in seeing the actual net material. One issue I have with my Power Catch is that in very cold weather, the net is so stiff. Two years ago I caught a musky on a day where air temps were in the mid 20s in late fall.l Fishing by myself, I stuck the net in the water for a while just to loosen it up a bit before I tried to net the fish. All went OK but I had some concerns.
sworrall
Posted 3/5/2020 5:55 PM (#955462 - in reply to #955458)

We've had the Pike net for a year, well made, works as advertised. They did a nice job, and like Frabill did originally, they listened and worked with influencers and grass roots folks in developing the product.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)