Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Open water...Thank you

Message Subject: Open water...Thank you
jt
Posted 9/6/2003 3:32 PM (#80760)
Subject: Open water...Thank you

Anyone else having a great year fishing no-man's land? I made up my mind
last year to focus more time if not the majority of my time away from shore
and this season so far I have contacted,seen and caught larger fish more regularly as opposed to the big one every once in awhile. Nobody hassles you out there probably because they think your nuts and you never have to worry about cut-offs. Lost a slob, 47/48 early this morning casting cribs
in about 10-15 FOW. I was so happy I laughed out loud as she hammered the
bait on the pause giving the full side shot 1' down. 3' of line out on the hit and an Abu Garcia with the drag to the hilt and a tinythumb release way over on the right hand side of the reel...you get the picture,not nice. Anyways I went back an hour later and fished the area again because of so much suspended forage and raised a decent fish half way thru the pass. Pulled the "switchback on her with cranks and spinnerbait and gave her the same bait back and POW,there she was and not to pleased about it.
Heaviest 42 I've handled and definitely the fastest release even though she fought and bulldawged (woops)me a few times before she stunk the net up. We barely got pics as she was way ready. Only had 4hrs to fish and man it made my morning. Thank you open water you've shown me the way. It;s a lot bigger of a lake when you start casting more of it. The bonus new big fish areas will keep me coming back for more!

Jon Torok

EAT FISH TATTOO
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)