Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Pikemaster reel review

Message Subject: Pikemaster reel review
buckeye
Posted 5/30/2017 9:42 AM (#863248)
Subject: Pikemaster reel review

I would first like to say thank you to Pikemaster for cleaning and tuning my reels. Simply amazing work done to my reels. He made my abu toro's 60 better than the when I bought them new and amazed how smooth and effortless it is to cast and retrieve lures. I know there are higher end reels now but for the cost to get four reels done by him really seemed to make this worth it. Specially when I have 8-10 reels and don't really want to spend to upgrade them all. I have one that I bought new when they first came out and never ever been cleaned and is one main reel. All I can say is Pikemaster will be getting more of my reels including my tranx 500 hg.
bigbite
Posted 5/30/2017 12:48 PM (#863276 - in reply to #863248)
Subject: RE: Pikemaster reel review

I agree with you 100% buckeye. He is the only repair guy that I let touch my reels. He does an excellent job and is very reasonable in his pricing.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 5/30/2017 10:52 PM (#863330 - in reply to #863248)
Subject: Re: Pikemaster reel review

Thanks Guys
I really love Tuning Reels.
It takes me around a hour and a half on each reel
To Detail, Tune and Relube them. The Secret is breaking down the reel and washing all the parts in the Ultra Sonic cleaner, then hand washing with a strong degreaser and blow drying all the parts, then when I apply the Metal Bonding Oil and Grease it will bond to the parts for the season.
Then I will polish all contact points to smooth the reel.
I'll upgrade any parts I feel will make your reel smoother and will make it stronger and make your reel last longer.
I try my best to get them back in a timely manner, but since I work on all the reels myself, I do get behind, for that I appreciate your patience.
Again Thank You for allowing me to Service your Reels.
Call or Text anytime you got ?? On a reel.

Jeremy
Posted 5/31/2017 3:21 PM (#863394 - in reply to #863248)

A few yrs back I bought 3 new 400TE's. I read about Richards tuning/replacing details etc. And was reluctant to send him any expensive reel that was basically new. I'd just used them for 2 short seasons and ... I don't fish hard...

To put it mildly after I got the one back and used it mostly all season last year (it was so much nicer than the other 2 new reels!) I sent him my other two. Unreal the diff. from then till now...unreal!!

Do yourself a favor. your body will appreciate it! I was a skeptic....not any more!!
Sidejack
Posted 5/31/2017 4:09 PM (#863399 - in reply to #863394)

He's also a top notch guy to drink, talk smart, and solve all the world's problems with too.
MuskyMidget
Posted 5/31/2017 10:23 PM (#863442 - in reply to #863248)

What's the cost per reel? I've been reading about his great work for a while.

I never clean my reels. Sounds like it's time to start!

Jeremy
Posted 5/31/2017 10:57 PM (#863444 - in reply to #863442)

MuskyMidget - 5/31/2017 10:23 PM

What's the cost per reel? I've been reading about his great work for a while.

I never clean my reels. Sounds like it's time to start!

Call him to see...

708 514 7777
-----
Fish Hard & Stay Thirsty My Friends

Pimp my Rod & Reel, The Best #*^@ Detailing, Tuning and Relubing of Musky Reels Period !!!!
buckeye
Posted 6/1/2017 6:32 AM (#863449 - in reply to #863248)

Pimp My Rod & Reel

1. Reel Detailing/Cleaning $25.00 per reel, plus an extra $3.00 charge for extreme dirty reels.
2. Reel Repair or parts installation $5.00 per reel plus cost of reel parts.
3. Reel Super Tuning/Pimping your reel $10.00 per reel, reel must be cleaned first.
4. Pimp my Rod & Reel offers performance Parts for most reels, from ABEC 5-7-9 S.Steel, and ceramic bearings, worm shaft bearings, drag washers upgrades “Carbontex” washers, gearing upgrades and upgrades to anti/reverse systems on select reels. Also I can order Carbon Fiber four bearing handles for your reels or Power Handles. Please e-mail or call me for reel consultation on upgraded parts or performance parts for your reels.
5. Pimp My Rod & Reel offers Custom Color E.V.A. foam rod handles & can lengthen rod handles (call me for details & cost)
6. I ship back to you by U.S.P.S. P/MAIL with a tracking number, add $9.00 for first reel to ship back, and add a $1.00 for each additional reel.
7. SEND REELS to: RICHARD W. SCHMITZ 90 HILLSMAN LANE SENECA IL 61360 with your return address with your CELL PHONE # and e-mail Address in the box with the reels. I will repair your reel with any parts that are needed to be fixed on your reel, and any upgrades for your reel, then I send out reels with a invoice in the Box, then send me a Check.

Please give me the opportunity to Pimp Your Rod & Reel and you will be my customer for life.

Ship Rods & Reels to:
Richard W. Schmitz
90 Hillsman Lane, Seneca IL, 61360 U.S.A
Work Shop/Cell Phone (708) 514-7777
E-mail: [email protected]

-----
Fish Hard & Stay Thirsty My Friends

Pimp my Rod & Reel, The Best #*^@ Detailing, Tuning and Relubing of Musky Reels Period !!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)