Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Fatigue mats in your boats

Message Subject: Fatigue mats in your boats
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 1/17/2017 10:12 AM (#846457)
Subject: Fatigue mats in your boats

How many of you guys are running them on your casting decks?? My Lund is vinyl instead of carpet and it's hard as s***... my back gets extremely sore after a while and I am planning on outfitting my front deck with it.

So who uses it, and is it awesome?
muskyroller
Posted 1/17/2017 10:24 AM (#846462 - in reply to #846457)
Subject: Re: Fatigue mats in your boats

Great question! I'm looking to do the same with my Jon boat this off-season. Look forward to reading the responses.
short STRIKE
Posted 1/17/2017 10:26 AM (#846463 - in reply to #846457)
Subject: RE: Fatigue mats in your boats

Use em, and love them.... Got mine from Uline...added on to a company purchase order and had them next day. Seems to help quite a bit for me.
PredLuR
Posted 1/17/2017 11:38 AM (#846476 - in reply to #846457)

I put one in, 3'x3' section and it seemed to help. Would get kinda hot when sunny but made a difference on long days. A bit of a pain getting into the compartments. Make sure it's no skid as any moisture might be an issue.
T.Carlson
Posted 1/17/2017 4:17 PM (#846512 - in reply to #846457)

YES! I use these, cheap, heavy enough to not blow out of your boat, and won't trap moisture underneath.
Makes a huge difference on your feet and back.

https://www.menards.com/main/flooring-rugs/area-rugs-mats-runners/an...
btfish
Posted 1/17/2017 5:01 PM (#846518 - in reply to #846512)

I looked into getting Anti-Fatigue matts too but I didn't like not being able to get into my compartments. I got a tip from a guy to buy a really high quality pair of running shoe and dedicate them as your boat shoe. So I tried that a few years ago with very good results. I got them through Road Runner Sports that has a help line to help you get the specific kind of shoe to match what you are doing. I ONLY wear them in the boat, yes I actually put them on and off in the boat. Depending on how well you take care of them 1 pair will last several years.

I know this may not work for everyone but it sure works well for me.

Don't slip on the ice.

Brad
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 1/17/2017 5:35 PM (#846526 - in reply to #846518)

btfish - 1/17/2017 6:01 PM

I looked into getting Anti-Fatigue matts too but I didn't like not being able to get into my compartments. I got a tip from a guy to buy a really high quality pair of running shoe and dedicate them as your boat shoe. So I tried that a few years ago with very good results. I got them through Road Runner Sports that has a help line to help you get the specific kind of shoe to match what you are doing. I ONLY wear them in the boat, yes I actually put them on and off in the boat. Depending on how well you take care of them 1 pair will last several years.

Don't slip on the ice.

Brad

I have a really nice high end pair of Nikes but most the summer I like to wear flip flops in the boat. Good thinking though. I do wear them at night when the bugs are bad and when it's cooler.
rocko
Posted 1/17/2017 8:48 PM (#846544 - in reply to #846457)

I have them in the bottom of my Lund Alaskan, and love them. Takes away the slippery when wet. Hides the dirt. Easy to clean. Comfortable to stand on. As noted above, they can get a bit hot, but a splash of water can knock that down. Bought mine from Home Depot. The sections have tabs to stick together. Heavy enough not to blow out when trailering.
upnortdave
Posted 1/17/2017 9:14 PM (#846546 - in reply to #846544)

What kind are people using. The solid mats or the ones with holes. I like to be bare foot in my rig in summer, the mats with holes look like theyd be uncomfortable.
TheShow
Posted 1/17/2017 9:44 PM (#846549 - in reply to #846518)

btfish - 1/17/2017 5:01 PM

Don't slip on the ice.

Brad

I too invested in nice running shoes for long days on the water. Awesome! They're lightweight, breathable, plenty of support. Definitely worth the purchase.
Redlineracer12
Posted 1/18/2017 8:54 AM (#846578 - in reply to #846512)

T.Carlson - 1/17/2017 4:17 PM

YES! I use these, cheap, heavy enough to not blow out of your boat, and won't trap moisture underneath.
Makes a huge difference on your feet and back.

https://www.menards.com/main/flooring-rugs/area-rugs-mats-runners/an...

I use these same ones, cut the mats in half with a good pair of scissors to cover my smaller casting decks in back and the middle of the boat. They are almost oily when you first buy them so I pressure washed them to try and clean that up a bit so it doesn't stain the boat flooring too bad.
FloridaRigger
Posted 1/18/2017 8:57 PM (#846669 - in reply to #846457)

the foam in crocs shoes is basically the same as an anti-fatigue mat. they make tons of different kinds of styles now, not just the ugly clogs. I love the santa cruz loafers. usually you can get them for $25 from Bass Pro or Amazon.
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 1/18/2017 9:04 PM (#846670 - in reply to #846457)

Good ideas with the footwear guys, problem is lots of us like Dave and I like to go barefoot or flip flops in the boat. I couldn't wear shoes on a hot summer day all day in the boat just wouldn't feel right!!!
AndrewR
Posted 1/18/2017 11:11 PM (#846692 - in reply to #846457)
Subject: RE: Fatigue mats in your boats

All ideas mentioned are great. But IMO if you're not wearing comfortable footwear that's soft under your feet that's the biggest problem.

Spring thru early fall when it's cooler weather I'll wear either comfy running shoes or go into pure Jim Saric mode and wear the most comfortable and colorful nike basketball shoes I own. I used to play some, so still got my old pairs laying around...... they are GREAT! In addition, flip flops or some type of sports sandal worn 100% of the time in mid-summer. Look into the TEVA brand, or Keen Newport, amazingly comfortable.

I've had friends bring floor mats into my boat. I've tried it and it works great also, but don't like the issue it brings with compartment access unless you trim it down to fit the shape of the area you are standing atop of. And if you have carpet, some of them dig into the floor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)