Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Assault stick(Hulbert Shock&Awe telescoping rod)

Message Subject: Assault stick(Hulbert Shock&Awe telescoping rod)
moondog
Posted 12/2/2016 4:39 PM (#837904)
Subject: Assault stick(Hulbert Shock&Awe telescoping rod)

I am looking at buying this rod for next season. I want a longer rod but transporting is a problem. So I have been looking a this telescoping rod. Does anyone have this rod? I mainly want it for bigger blades and rubber. Just wondering if anyone likes or dislikes this rod.
Mr Fisherman
Posted 12/2/2016 5:49 PM (#837911 - in reply to #837904)
Subject: RE: Assault stick(Hulbert Shock&Awe telescoping rod)

I have been using it on St Clair since the beginning of September with a LEXA 400 and 100lb powerpro throwing Dussas and Pounders. Biggest so far is a 48"
Used a 9.5' Compre telescoping since last summer and I am using the Shock & Awe
almost all the time. Keeping my drag almost locked down has really upped my landing rate.
It is a a beefy rod and gets some getting used too but it is pretty awesome. And have had no issues at all.

3 days at Clair this weekend and then the 6 days to the close next weekend.

If you can wait check it out at the shows.

Mike
smithy97
Posted 12/2/2016 6:56 PM (#837917 - in reply to #837904)

Haven't used the Chaos rod, but I use TI telescoping 9' rods. You can 9', 9'6'', or 10'6 that all telescope down 18'' for transport. My 9' goes down to 7'6'' which is awesome for transport. I use XH for double 8's, 10's, suicks, cranks, and topwaters. I use XXH for mag dawgs, dussa's, pounders. Truely awesome rods and very, very affordable from Musky Tackle Online. The telescoping mechanism is super strong, while still allowing the rod's overall weight to not be heavy. The rod's long, thick cork handle makes casting a breeze, and is really comfortable to fish wish all day.
Would highly recommend picking one up!
mastical
Posted 12/6/2016 6:42 AM (#838166 - in reply to #837911)

Mr Fisherman - 12/2/2016 6:49 PM

I have been using it on St Clair since the beginning of September with a LEXA 400 and 100lb powerpro throwing Dussas and Pounders. Biggest so far is a 48"
Used a 9.5' Compre telescoping since last summer and I am using the Shock & Awe
almost all the time. Keeping my drag almost locked down has really upped my landing rate.
It is a a beefy rod and gets some getting used too but it is pretty awesome. And have had no issues at all.

3 days at Clair this weekend and then the 6 days to the close next weekend.

If you can wait check it out at the shows.

Mike

thanks, this is exactly what ive been looking for
Mr Fisherman
Posted 12/7/2016 12:00 PM (#838336 - in reply to #838166)

Awesome. Got 4 over the weekend south shore with my buddy. All trolling. We wil see how far we make it into next week might only make it to Tuesday with the weather thats coming then its Melton Hill time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)