Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Different Navionics Options

Reply New post
Message Subject: Different Navionics Options
tackleaddict
Posted 11/28/2016 9:25 AM (#837518)
Subject: Different Navionics Options

I finally have a GPS (Lowrance Elite5 DSI) that can use a legit mapchip. I was trying to figure out what map to buy. I live on Lake St Clair, and spent 99 percent of my time there, Erie, Saginaw bay. I do trailer and explore new places though from time to time, mostly to northern Michigan. I was looking at the Navionics website and I cant make sense of what Im even buying with the different options. Im no techy but all I want is a really accurate, really sharp contours (1ft or less), map of the bottom of the places I fish. If you guys can clarify what it is each of these things is it would help my on my decision greatly!
Thanks!

Navionics+
-This seems like what I want. It is more precise than the phone app though right?
Navionics Platinum+
-Is this the same as Nav+ but with 3D view and panoramic pics of shoreline stuff?
Navionics Hotmaps Platinum +
-Why is this cheaper than platinum, it seems to have everything platinum has and more. Is it only certain lakes or an add-on to another card I buy or something?

Im looking at Navionics because its the name I know. If I should be looking into something else feel free to make a suggestion.

Thanks!
WOLFFMAN
Posted 11/28/2016 10:39 AM (#837522 - in reply to #837518)
Subject: Re: Different Navionics Options

had an elite 7 chirp...processor was too slow to run a navionics....up to a 10 second delay between zooms...had to use the lorance chip...
kirth
Posted 12/1/2016 3:47 PM (#837827 - in reply to #837518)
Subject: RE: Different Navionics Options

I finally have a GPS (Lowrance Elite5 DSI) that can use a legit mapchip. I was trying to figure out what map to buy. I live on Lake St Clair, and spent 99 percent of my time there, Erie, Saginaw bay. I do trailer and explore new places though from time to time, mostly to northern Michigan. I was looking at the Navionics website and I cant make sense of what Im even buying with the different options. Im no techy but all I want is a really accurate, really sharp contours (1ft or less), map of the bottom of the places I fish. If you guys can clarify what it is each of these things is it would help my on my decision greatly!
Thanks!

Navionics+
-This seems like what I want. It is more precise than the phone app though right?
The same data or cartography on the app is the same data as on the map cards.

Navionics Platinum+
-Is this the same as Nav+ but with 3D view and panoramic pics of shoreline stuff?
Yes
Navionics Hotmaps Platinum +
-Why is this cheaper than platinum, it seems to have everything platinum has and more. Is it only certain lakes or an add-on to another card I buy or something?
Platinum will not run in your unit. Only HDS model Lowrances

Im looking at Navionics because its the name I know. If I should be looking into something else feel free to make a suggestion.

You can only run a Navionics + regions card in the Elite 5 DSI do to processor speed.
See attached guide

It appears the Regions East Card will cover your needs https://navionics-store.com/collections/navionics/products/navionics...

Link to actual coverage area and lake list http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-plus-2

Edited by kirth 12/1/2016 3:57 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 3.44.31 PM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 3.44.31 PM.png (196KB - 376 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)