Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fished new water today

Message Subject: Fished new water today
Switchaxe
Posted 10/6/2016 1:10 AM (#832466)
Subject: Fished new water today

Well I went out andfishrd anew body of water. Water temps were 61-62 degrees. I wanted to fish some deeper verticle structure but found very little. I ended up catching 3 pike and a big Largemouth in shallowvery weedy areas....is it safe to assume that if those fish are there sho are baitfish..,thus meaning musky as well?
Musky952
Posted 10/6/2016 9:39 AM (#832488 - in reply to #832466)
Subject: Re: Fished new water today

I would like to think that it has some relation. Though they are different fish they still need to feed. A lot of the areas where I catch northern and bass are areas that hold muskies as well. I am sure every lake is different but I am guessing you can make that assumption.
FlyPiker
Posted 10/8/2016 2:17 PM (#832655 - in reply to #832466)
Subject: Re: Fished new water today

What I've noticed is that you can use the small muskies, pike, and bass to pattern the fish. So if I'm catching or seeing those fish on rocks, the big girls are typically on the best rock spots - bigger boulders, rocks with a small cabbage patch in them, rocks that top out and have reeds... That type of thing. Definitely worth continuing to fish the same structure IMO.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)