Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> The Chippewa flowage.

Message Subject: The Chippewa flowage.
Morganwolf29
Posted 8/27/2016 7:34 PM (#828680)
Subject: The Chippewa flowage.

I have only been there once. Never musky fished it but just got offered a place there. Is it worth it? Is it worth 3-5 trips a year musky fishing
Clammer
Posted 8/28/2016 11:53 AM (#828714 - in reply to #828680)
Subject: Re: The Chippewa flowage.

Yes! It is a nice body of water, and should you grow weary of it, there are a ton of other lakes in the area.
Grass
Posted 8/29/2016 12:06 PM (#828804 - in reply to #828680)

Not sure why you'd ask if it's worth it. It's the most famous & infamous musky lake in the world.
Fish4muskie
Posted 8/29/2016 12:27 PM (#828808 - in reply to #828680)

Is it worth it? Uhhh yeah. Lol. It can be a tough bite at certain times. I've yet to boat a big fish there. Chased a 50" class fish for a few days up there a few years ago. She blew up a top water a couple times and eventually bit a northern I hooked on a bucktail. Complete craziness. Thought I had her hooked until the side of the boat and saw she t boned the northern. Tried to finesse it to the net(like you can finesse a 30+lb fish) she spit it about 10 ft from net
Nick59
Posted 8/29/2016 12:39 PM (#828813 - in reply to #828680)

One of my favorite places too.
Been fishing it for years.
The fall bite can be spectacular.
Love the two lines in WI... casting along with dragging a big sucker.
Morganwolf29
Posted 8/29/2016 8:57 PM (#828893 - in reply to #828680)

The only reason I ask if it's worth it is just paying for the place that I was offerered up there. I could go up there any time of year at all if I buy this place up there
curleytail
Posted 8/30/2016 7:06 AM (#828914 - in reply to #828680)
Subject: RE: The Chippewa flowage.

It's hard to answer that for you as it depends on what you're looking for. The Flowage is a beautiful body of water, but in my experience isn't easy to crack. It does offer some other multispecies fishing if that's something that interests you.

I live in Hayward and spend most of my time on other lakes (with that said I should probably give the Flowage more attention). My limited time spent chasing muskies on the Chip has resulted in not much to show FOR ME.

You may want to check out Ty Sennett's reports forum to get an idea of how well a guide that fishes the lake every day does out there.

If you want a scenic peaceful getaway spot in a nice area, you'd love it there. If you want chances at multiple fish every time you visit it may not be the place. Maybe. Your mileage may vary.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)