Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Curado 301 stiff to reel when drag tightened????

Message Subject: Curado 301 stiff to reel when drag tightened????
Landry
Posted 7/25/2016 10:33 PM (#824956)
Subject: Curado 301 stiff to reel when drag tightened????

My curado301 is a little tight or tough to reel when my drag is cranked down real tight - which is kind of necessary in musky angling. I had it serviced and it cam back like this then decided to take it apart and learn the insides. I have definitely got it back together properly but the tightness won't go away. It's annoying and it wasn't there before the servicing. The guy I took it to is too far away for me to bother so I was hoping someone on here could help me out.
Reel is fine until a fair amount of pressure is applied to the drag.

Thanks
Landry
Landry
Posted 7/26/2016 1:53 PM (#825039 - in reply to #824956)
Subject: Re: Curado 301 stiff to reel when drag tightened????

Found the problem. Anti reverse pawl (anti r verse backup mechanism). It was bent and out of position.tool it out. Apparently it's not really necessary and my reel runs better without it anyways.
Coondog
Posted 7/26/2016 4:11 PM (#825059 - in reply to #825039)
Subject: Re: Curado 301 stiff to reel when drag tightened????

If you plan on ripping any baits, I'd reinstall the pawl...or go ahead and have an extra clutch bearing on hand (about $12.) The clutch bearing isn't designed to take all of the stress of ripping or hard hook sets. It sounds to me that the person who serviced the reel didn't fully seat the pawl on the ratchet correctly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)